wow it is nice to feel unstupid
- Jennifer Australia i think some of you are so brave- i have endemetriosis and fibro chronic pain, diabeties type 1, chronic back pain - i love that there are people who all sorts of weird pain and i have found some answers to pain that i thought was just fibro my doctor says we just deal with each as it presents, restlesss leg pains hip pain and those weird spider crawling sensations, my pain is worst at all different time but with endemetriosis it makes all my pains worse, i am tiried of more tests that cost a fortune and tell you nothing- carpal tunnel $500 so now i just use the internet to find a way to help pains- trying to get to my doctor takes minimum 4 weeks and some times by then another pain becomes the worst. education for me has been the best thing if I know I can find something to help or just chat with fellow sufferers who sometime have worse pain it becomes a little easier to bear- because our % per population it is hard to find people who understand.so thanks try enjoy
- —Guest Jennifun
- UH, EVERYTHING.Sometimes I feel like every hair folical on my body. Iam a 29 yrd with 4 little children. I get the tremors so bad I have to lay down till they go away.The worst is the fog.It really makes me feel like an idiot.My pain is so steady,but my hips hurt alot.But my other problem is with being light headed and my eyes go dark and I feel like I'm going to pass out. I gotta sit down.Right before I start to pass out, I get this numb feeling in my hips and lower back then a hot sensation all the way up to my then growing migraine and I just sit because my legs go limp.I feel severely tired, I am getting to where I can't take care of my children, or house and I can't get out of bed I am in such pain.No matter how long I sleep I can be totally tired.My family doesn't really get it,One day I am ok and just grining and bearing it.But others I am wiped out.I am on cymbalta 60mg and percocet once in awhile.I take 100 advil every 3dys & flexril. When is it time to seek SSI?am I 2 young?
- —Guest Stay at home mommy
weather related pain
- My fibro pain varies according to the weather. I live in an area that has very cold winters and a lot of humidity in the summer. Rainy days also make my flair ups worse. So that leaves very few days where I have little or no pain. My pain varies from what I call a floating pain (moves from place to place) to a progressive moving pain (starts in one area and moves throughout my body) I was diagnosed in 2002 but went undiagnosed for at least 10 years. Both of my sisters also have fibro so the hereditary side of this disease interests me. I used to take several meds to help with the pain but for the past year have been med free. Nothing helps and pain meds just make me feel sick. Guess I've learned to live with the pain. Better than being totally out of it from pain meds. And I've also lost 45 pounds.....seems to have helped with some of the symptoms. Best thing I've done for myself.
- —Guest didi
WHAT ABOUT GUT PAIN?
- THAT IS THE WORST FOR ME. I SEEM TO HAVE IT WHETHER I AM HAVING DIARHEA , "NORMAL" STOOLS OR AM CONSTIPATED. OFTEN I SPEND HOURS A DAY LYING IN BED CLUTCHING MY GUT. NAUSEA TOO. THERE WAS A COUPLE OF YEARS WHERE THIS SEEMED TO HAVE IMPROVED QUITE A BIT, BUT THEN I HAD AN AUTO ACCIDENT AND THINGS GOT MUCH WORSE. WHEN IN LOOSE STOOL PHASE I MAY HAVE 5-8 B.M.S A DAY, MUCUS TOO. WENT TO A GASTRO GUY WHO PUT ME ON EFEXXOR WHICH DID NOTHING USEFUL, AND THEN HE PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THAT I WAS DOING GREAT... REGARDLESS OF THE 8 STOOLS A DAY! (HE CLAIMED MY PAIN WAS BECAUSE I HAD AN UNHAPPY CHILDHOOD.) WHEN I TRY TO LIST THE HEALTH SYMPTOMS I HAVE IN ORDER OF HOW DISABLING THEY ARE IT SEEMS TO DEPEND ON WHICH IS THE WORST THAT DAY. THEY ARE 1.GENERAL MUSCLE WEAKNESS ( WITH ACHES AND A FREEZING OF THE BACK MUSCLES) THAT DOESN'T LET ME STAND OR WALK FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES. 2. GUT ( AS ABOVE) 3. HEART ARRYHMIAS AND SLOW HEART BEAT WITH LIGHT HEADEDNESS. TAKE YOUR PICK!
- My pain seems to be primarily on the left side of my body for the past 5 months. Muscle spasms in my back that sent me the Dr unable to even tilt my head back in June have only marginally improved. My shoulder, arm, neck and back are in spasm nearly every day. My left elbow is also extremely tender and hurts to move it. It hurts when my husband hugs me, and forget trying massage. It just hurts too much to even be touched. Nice to find a place where others describe similar symptoms. Kind of puts my mind at ease that I'm not dying of something! I don't have health insurance right now, so I don't have many options open to me.
- —Guest melissa
- Hi I too get the paralysis for no apparent rhyme or reason - plus all the other pains listed tho not really the sparkler burn sensation.
- —Guest Claire
Feelings of Paralysis Anyone?
- Such wonderful descriptions I think I'll borrow some to help convey the pain, disorientation, and overbearing fatigue I feel all the time. Just a quick question though: after reading all of these comments I don't recall anyone experiencing temporary feelings of paralysis in certain areas of the body. I've been experiencing my arm just going dead that it wakes me when I attempt to turn in the bed -- my arm won't move on its own no matter what I do. I literally have to use my functioning arm to move and massage the other back to life. I've also suffered with numbness in my left toes for the past five years, but recently my right toes will freeze up in a weird way almost as if they're paralyzed - I can't move them and when I try it hurts and feels as if they'll break off if I continue. Only consolation is that it usually doesn't last for more than a few minutes at a time. Just wondering if anyone else can relate to these strange occurrences?
- —Guest Marie
- Hi all of you out there....sorry you have all got fibro but glad that I am not the only one with pains and symptoms like u describe. The Vood doo Doll sting zaps when i am thinking I am doing Ok I literally shout out in pain and freeze I dare not move. very funny looks from other folks on the escalator I can tell you. yes its a warning sign to stop overdoing it and rest .. a lot. I get chest pains and soreness and my so tight calf muscles tore... and I feel like I have the flu and cannot get warm or cold yet feel both at the same time....clammy shivers I call that.I am in the UK which is even less well informed than the US re Fibro, my GP just sent me offto a sports therapist who wanted me to do stretches on all fours...then weight on 3 legs/arms building up tp 30...nightmare. One session had me in total pain for days... and I feel embarrassed cos I only did one exercise !!!! My family think I am just lazy but my Hubby is great. Looks after me. Self help is the way 4me. Best wishes
- —Guest SueJay
21 Years of Fibromyalgia
- I was diagnosed in 1988 with Fibro by my family doctor, little was known about it then - I believe that several things contributed to my acquiring Fibromyalgia - I was emotionally, physically and verbally abused as a child, later I suffered with endometriosis for many years before giving birth to my son. After that I had a miscarriage and took it really hard - that's when the symptoms really started to kick in hard. I have avery single symptom on that list sometimes many at one time. Summertime is hard, I don't even want to be outside, my body and head itch all of the time, I can't stand it. I can hardly get out of bed and walk (I also do stretches before I get out of bed) It takes me awhile before I am awake and can function, but I still hold a job although I am totally exhausted by the time I get home and struggle to get things done. The hardest thing is trying to communicate with the brain fog people think you're an idiot and get impatient. My husband still doesn't understand!
- —Guest Lee
Incredible....all the pain in one place!
- Thank you. You have described all of the pains I have. Vood doo or shooting pain. Knife stabs, whatever. The itching and burning of my skin....I can't lie down or sit or anything. I pace and just want to cry. The stiffness is getting worse and I am having test after test (neural, spine, artherioschlerosis, etc.) to try to pinpoint the pain in my feet and legs. This year it has increased 10-fold. Me and my dog are getting huge because I can no longer walk or clean my house. I am beyond frustrated. I now have this site in my favorites and will visit daily. Thank you again.
- —Guest Jewel
am i the only guy?
- as a nuclear engineer, i split atoms for 20 years and received 25 rads(0.25 grey) whole body as well as inhaled fission product gases that destroyed my thyroid. all my joints crack when i move even my vertebra. i was on vicodin for a year as well as various antidepressants, which only made me feel weird. i am in pain especially in the evening when i try to relax. all my joints hurt. my Drs just switched me to percocet and pristiq. i'm offended that they think my pain is not physical and that it is in my head. i'm trying to be a good patient but it's not easy. **has anyone had any luck with pristiq?** does anyone else's joints snap/creek when they move?** the term fibromyalgia has been mentioned but not as an official diagnosis. **any DOCTORS know about the effects of radiation exposure?** HELP
- —Guest beach
retired ed. instructor
- your ideas are inline like the Chinese ways in which we call phar. diet and stress prob. The terms for the lay person are right on ty.
- —Guest Chuan Xihu
I think I am going crazy
- Tingling sensation in hands and face sharp stabbing pain first in legs then arms and so forth burning feeling in legs Pain when someone tries to give me a massage pain as if someone is pulling me apart I also get many of the other symptoms such as fibro fog.. I forget names of things during conversations and when I am walking around I forget where I am at. I have trouble with loud noises and certain smells drive me crazy. My ears ring and itch stomach upset gain weight
finding someone who cares
- It's such a great feeling to be able to share your feeling's with people who understand.I live in an area where perscription drugs are widely abused so when I go to my Dr. or ER they just won't believe you can have that much pain.It causes more frustration which ups the pain...and my Dr.'s wife has FM!!!Life is so hard,it's not normal when it takes 3 days to get over scrubbing your floor.I get those lovely voodoo pains as well,sometimes at work,not nice to get one when on the phone with a customer..lol I also have a blood disorder and get DVT'S,SKIN ULCERS..I'm booked for surgery to remove a lipoma which has been causing great pain(of course the doc says it doesn't).I also have the itching of the scalp..life would be better if only my family could understand.Well it does feel great to write it all down if only my Dr.'d and sibs could read it..thank you
- —Guest coco59
Is anybody listening
- I have just found you all, there anyone, I mean m.d.'s who care or are curious or are researching.. is there a data bank. I need to know if there are studies. I have had 5 surgeries before they settled on fibromyalgia. It seems it is the garbage can of diseases, no one wants to touch it or explore it. Doctors are burnt out on it. I m supposedly seeing the best in King County, he does not let me finish a sentence. Honestly I will be a guinea pig, so maybe others don't experience the verdict the way I have had too. I know to keep my illness on even keel I have to adhere to a very straight line,, every new MD throws something at you to try and it will take months of recovering from just a slight variation in routine. Example: Go to a sleep clinic, result slept 1 out of 8 hours, reason(EEG) pain. Months to get over the disturbance to a long fought regime. I was sent because the insurance co is worried about my taking ambien. MD's are worried about FDA not about YOU! HELP ME