- I was talking to my Dr. trying to describe my pain. I told her that if I pulled down my pants and looked at my legs, I would expect them to be glowing, because they burn so much. That describes my pain.
- —Guest Sheryl
- Before started Lyrca, I couldn't get up in the morning my body was so stiff, I would go from the bed to the couch. my sins and calfs would ache,along wth pretty much every other part of my body.Nw am still fatigued and m joints never stuff hutng but usaly only 1 part of my body really toubles me at a time, wich guess is good
- —Guest crystal80
- I have the "stabbing knife" from the shower scene in Psycho attacking my achilles and the good old fingers down the blackboard severely raking my back. My hip joints have become coated in broken glass and barbed wire while my muscles are so tired they ache with a depth that no amount of massage, heat or cool can fathom. For 12mths I have had one wish, to walk normally around the block without exhibiting my Fibro Frown (the pain induced grimace) that occurs after 5 to 10 mins. C'est la vie! for some of us.
- —Guest Toni
To Guest Diana
- I have not been diagnosed with anything yet. I started about 8 months ago with crazy neck, collar bone, upper chest and collar bone area pain. It has came and went since but for the past 8 months. But for about the past 2 months I now have the tingly feeling in my hands and legs (both) constant tiredness achey in neck and upper back area. Like Diana said I have a buzzing sensation in my back and limbs sometimes it is so weird! My calves ache, hips, elbows hurt shooting pains through my arms . It radiates. Thank goodness it is not all at the same time. I am stiff when I wake up. The most scarry thing now is weakness in my hands that throb at times and i cant put pressure on them. I had an mri yesterday to rule out neck/ back enjury. I think I need to find me a new doc! Just want an explanation! Good luck to all!
- —Guest Stacey
new chest pain
- I have started to get severe chest pain on my left side. I took Bayer aspirin because I thought it was a heart attack. It is usually when I am in the car traveling for more than an hour. Not driving, but in the passenger seat. This last time, we were traveling from Indiana back down to Virginia and were in Kentucky. I almost went to the ER in Lexington. The pain was the worst when I needed to reach into the back seat because of one of my kids. I would often have to put my 2 year old back in her seatbelt and this reaching and twisting behind me (especially when the seat pressed up against me) would make the sharp pain turn into shooting pain all down my chest and left side and left shoulder. It was horrible. I can't say that the Bayer helped any. But, the pain did go away by the time we were 2 more hours down the road. If it had not been a terrible storm outside and if I did not have FM, I would have went to the ER. But, I figured it was the FM and not a heart attack.
- I got the flu shot for the first time 2 months ago. Since then the fibro pain has been the worst ever. Some days I feel like I have the flu only the only symptom is full body pain. I am still trying to go to my job but it is becoming harder and harder.
- —Guest jos57
Thanks to all
- Sitting here in agony rubbing my right arm and shoulder while trying to find new information. It feels like someone is trying to rip my muscle off the bone near the elbow and shoulder. The descriptions of the various pains are perfect! Before I was diagnosed my hubby wanted me to quit work and "get better". We got a puppy to keep me company. Ended up having voodoo attacks in my chest for 2 weeks. We thought that maybe the puppy was too much work for me and had to send it back to the breeder. Now it has been 3 years, got diagnosed about a year ago and the pain is worse. I still miss that little pup BUT I know that I have to pace myself and take care of the important things in life. It is too cold outside for a walk and sitting by the fire with the pc has helped. I like it when we are able to use humour to get through the day!
- —Guest dismom9
you nailed it girl!
- I could not have explained it better. The voodoo doll pain is the worst, I have gotten it for years, it is in the area of right upper abdo. under diaphram, around flank (kidney area) for me. takes my breath and last for many minutes, sometimes over and over again in waves for hours. I have been to er 4 times for this and each time they have thought kidney stones, none ever found. I have had fibro for as long as I can remember, diagnosed in 2008 so, 40 years. All I ever got was "stress, hormones,all in your head" until 2007 when I had a "heart event" and then found I was type II diabetic, had neuropathy,then trigeminal neuralgia etc. etc. This thing is tearing my body down so bad that it just seems like its saying STOP! I can't go one more step. I fought through the pain for years but something changed and there were no more remissions, just one long daily grinding illness. I'm 49, you younger people, don't give in, find a doctor who will listen, and help you. I am housebound now.
tired of pain...
- had a tumour removed frm the T4 area of the spine after 5 yrs of pain that the doctors said was in my head to emerg. surgery after an mri finally done. since then i developed Fibro i figure. i have nerve damage from the operation with allodynia pain in my hands big time. sensitive to light brush of cloth on hands, or any amount of heat or cold. back and shoulders cannot take the lightest tap without cringing in pain. cannot lift arms above head without pain. skin all over body sensitive so bad even putting on lotion is painful! friend wanted to treat me to a spa massage....no way, that is a scary scary thought of the pain that would be involved! it is every day, no one 'REALLY' understands except my husband. God bless him. most people live by the 'if i can't see you bleeding to death you must not be in pain attitude'. if they only knew. i live with it, have no choice, life goes on. live life to the fullest and ignore the ignorant. Peace be with you all. Salam Alaikum. :)
- —Guest ibtihale
- I have been having pain for quite a few years now..It feels like I have been hit by a diesel. How i explain it. My whole body feels it. My arms legs,joints, back...etc. Sometimes when I wake up light and movement make me have a very wierd feeling..I also get shaky. I just wonder what the best thing is that will help. I go on and read about everything and it scares me.
- —Guest amy
- I have pains in one spot in my gut that are there almost all of the time and I can't figure out what triggers it. It wavers in intensity but is almost always there. In fact, if it's gone one morning, it will be there like a tiger later, guaranteed. It feels like a pinching and a burning, and it radiates up my right side and down into my hip. I had my right ovary out 4 months ago and that helped the pain a lot for a couple of months, but the pain has since creeped back. I wonder if there's a hormonal component to it. Wondering if Yaz might help, or getting my uterus out?
- —Guest Sue
- cannot tolerate cold,, hands hurt just touching anything remotely cold,, temperature range has gotten a lot smaller
- —Guest navydad
what types of pain do you get
- some dayz my hair hurts...i have degenerative disc disorder so my back is unbareable most days...my muscles and tissues are badly affected...i also have osteoarthritis throughout my whole body as is my fibromyalgia...my skin, well, here is how i describe it...take a hairy mans leg pour corn syrup on it then rub round and round then let it dry and try to pull it off...some days its like a bad sun burn...two days are rarely the same...its hard to keep ur cup half full but as a single mum i have no choice...gotta be better dayz ahead...good luck everyone and god bless...may u all have better days!!!
Fibromyalgia for me too
- I was in a head on motor vehicle accident in 2006, and suffered severe soft tissue injuries. My doctor has told me that I MIGHT have fibromyalgia now. He said there is no specific test for it though. I feel buzzing in my muscles here and there, crawleys on my scalp and shocks in the bottom of my feet when I walk. Pain in my toes and hands. Extreme soreness when I wake in the morning. Very achy muscles in my arms and shoulders. Pain just above my shoulder blades. Severe muscle cramps in my feet, legs, back, hands and sometime in my neck even.
- —Guest Diana
- I've been reading your blogs and wishing it wasn't happeing to anyone. No one should have to suffer this kind of pain continually. To hanging in there. Keep on trucking hon. I had both breasts removed due to cancer 17 years ago. I'm still here and wasn't suppssed to make it a year. The one thing I am lucky about is not having to wear a bra. I get pain so severe right where my bra would connect that I can't move my arms and feel as the bone will break. I've gone so far when the pain is so intense of hitting myself on the back with a hammer. Beleive me this is not a reccomendation. Just shows how far we can go to relieve the pain. Sometimes I feel like I have to create more to feel less. Does that make sense to any one?
- —Guest Judy M.