- I have an appointment at the pain clinic for counselling to enable me to cope with back pain, this was the result of a motorbike accident. When attending the first appointment and being assessed, I was asked if anyone had mentioned at any time, if I had FM. I said that my GP had said this about 15 years ago, but nothing had come of it. My pain is now over all my body but my elbows and shoulders being the worse to touch. The tiredness is awful, that has come on recently, I am already finding that it is restricting as when making plans I don't know what kind of a day I will have. Some days my legs feel as if I am walking through treacle which I find frustrating. I am hoping for help when I get to my appointment but on reading about everyone I am not expecting miracles. Also the twitches that move around the body frustrate me most when I am typing as I have to make sure everything is correct, my fingers have a will of their own and add extra letters!
- —Guest Jules
Dr. Suspect Fibromyalgia though unruled.
- I am 20 years old and have been experiencing the worst and presumed abnormal body pains for almost a few years now. Particularly in my lower and upper back in just about the exact same location on each side of my body. The area in my upper back is sore constantly all day everyday and radiates in the area of my shoulder, neck and back bone. The same with my lower back. My spine usually feels like there is pressure or something heavy lying on it (not really painful but agitating and very uncomfortable). The inside bones of my face, jawline, cheeks, chin, and all around my face also feel bloated with pressure (not sinuses) and ultimately it feels good when massaging these areas although it doesnt even momentarily remove the consistent pain and is always present. When massaged in the tense constant, tense, sore areas, my muscles jump and throb almost as a sign of relief but still remain sore and tense. Truly exercise and when I do go times eating healthy is the ONLY time they feel better.
- —Guest Cute2bitsweet
OMG...this is me too
- Certain sounds (repetitive, loud, shrill, grating) Visual chaos (crowds, flashing lights, busy patterns) Stressful situations (busy traffic, confrontations, fibro-fog induced confusion or disorientation) When my nerves are rattled, I try to get out of the situation as quickly as possible and relax, preferably somewhere quiet. Mine is when someone on TV opens a plasic package. The noise makes me want to scream
- —Guest Krisitn
Two things I've found helpful
- Two things I've found helpful: 1. yoga stretching and movement every 1-2 hours, during the day; 2. consuming fresh ginger--amazed by the difference! (one study I saw showed this good for muscular pain, as well as arthritis pain). http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=72#healthbenefits Seems to have dramatically reduced my IBS, jaw, tooth & gum pain, spider veins, and hemorrhoids & reduced mouth & nose dryness as well. Also read connection between blood thinners and reduced FM pain (something about FM people having thicker than normal capillaries, reducing blood flow to body) and ginger is a natural blood thinner. Anyhow, just some food for thought. Bon appetit! :)
- —Guest Rhapsode
Omg vodoo stab!!!
- I get the vodoo stab in my pelvic area my collar bones my lower back and neck! I have only recently been diagnosed but have been suffering with depression ibs and period pains numbness and tingling since I was 11 I'm now 21 and the numbness and tingling is now physical pain and the stabbing pains have been getting worse over the last 2-3 years. The hardest thing I find to cope with is the constant tiredness im so glad I can finally get treatment and help the symptoms :)
- —Guest CharleyQuk
P.S. I FORGOT...
- How could I have forgotten to add to my long list, the restless leg syndrome. The horrible tingling in my feet, which I take Mirapex. I finally found a Pain Management dr. who treats my pain. First one in 20 years. He gives me 16mg of Hydrocodone every 24 hours and Percoset 10/325 for "breakthru pain" Of course I take muscle relaxers and use lidocaine cream. Yrs ago I had terrible cracking of my jaw,and now(right now) I have excruciating muscle spams in my buttocks aggravating the sciatic nerve on both sides. I think that pretty much sums it up. I feel so depressed sometimes .That has been a companion since I'm 15 (now I am 54) Which came first? I do know that having Fibro causes great depression and severe feelings of loss. And last but, not least, the agony of overwhelming fatigue. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Unfortunately, I fear my 18 yr old has been suffering for yrs. She has a seizure disorder and is autistic. All the medical tests come back normal. Why are drs so blind?
- —Guest JERI
Tendonitis...Only the Beginning!
- Tendonitis in my shoulders, abdominal muscle cramp, "hot spots" feel like intense bruises all over my body, skin hurts, burning tongue, lower back with radiating , excruciating muscle pain in buttocks, bottom of feet pain, painful muscle in left forearm, at one time, TMJ, IBS, headaches(migraines), stiffness all the time,t. I was diagnosed after years of pain back in 1993. I have left foot swelling and right arm swelling. I have hip pain that makes it impossible to walk some days. I get vertigo, light-headedness, balance problems, short term memory loss and confusion, can't find the right word, aching, sore, sharp, stabbing unrelentless. Every minute of every hour of every day of every week, month, year for over 20 years. Suffered whiplash twice in two car accidents as a teenager. Shortly after, the migraines started. I am grateful to have found this group. I am engaged to a wonderful man, fourteen years younger and in perfect physical condition. I thank G-d every day for him.
- —Guest JERI
- im new to fm but im hating it more each day the pain never stays the same and the temp/hot flushes are unreal.my skin is so sensitive to touch,clothes,water from a wash or shower and the sunshine makes the skin feel like its on fire.the winter months when you should be cold have felt like ive been in a oven.
- —Guest andy p
- Have got never ending back pain! It feels hard as a steel. Dull and most of the time's sharp pain that I cud hardly move. Massage is just an instant relief- be it acupressure, thai massage, or traditional, not even to mention reflexology.
- —Guest Joanne
- I never know where it will hurt, what I will be able to do. I sweat so much sometimes, my cloths and hair get soaked. People around me must think I am very I'll. Well, I am. Have been struggling with fm for 30 years. I concur with all the pains written about, even the lafy with the sore big toe. I use Voltaren gel on feet and hands, when I can get it. It is not available at this time. Really helps. I can't make plans, never knowing how I will feel. Lost most of my friends. Still have my husband, and he is a great support. I live on many meds: oxycodone, Xyrem for sleep, (it makes a big difference in pain levels)! Now, my hands shake, and I must travel to see my son and grandchildren. It is so hard to travel, and it takes me days to recuperate once I return home. Since taking Xyrem, I can exercise, and do Pilates, Feldenkrais and yoga. Must keep moving when I am able. I rest in bed every afternoon. Never go out at night, and lead half a life. Grateful for it. I am with y
- —Guest Abot Bensussen
Beating FB Symptoms
- The moment I was diagnosed with FB I started to work out w. I started to build my strength up in my legs, lower back and hips. I would be in so much pain before, I couldn't walk/stand or sit. I didn't know how to handle it. It was insane. The pain working out was bothersome too, but nothing beat the feeling of relief in my legs doing a squat. Working my bum and lower back felt more of a stretch and circulation technique that actually was hard to do because of the pain! 6 months down the road....my leg pain subsided. 1 year down the road during the holidays I realized I was sleeping without pain and sleeping BETTER! BUT the BEST part was being able to work on my feet without pain! No aches in my lower back again! My digestion a TON better (cleaned up my eating and increased my nutrition) My quality of life is soooo much better! I still get tired and I still get "FB days" as I call them and I'm bed ridden, but I will never stop working out. It has helped me deal with this insanity! :)
Re: Pin in the Voodoo Doll Pain
- OMG! ROFLAMO I was diagnosed with fibro in 2000, after having it since 1977, I have never heard it described this way. The image I got in my head was so funny I laughed until I literally hurt! Don't worry abt the doll--=find the person who made it!
- —Guest Lakewolf
- VERTIGO, YES! AND BURNING TONGUE SYNDROME. THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE! THANK YOU ALL FOR VALIDATING MY SYMPTOMS.
- —Guest JERI
20 YEARS--SOOO DEPRESSED
- EVERY SECOND OF EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. FIBRO COUPLED WITH ARTHRITIS IS THE WORST ALL OVER PAIN. SOMETIMES I FEEL NERVES GOING WILD IN MY BACK.HIPS, LEGS, ARMS, SHOULDERS, NECK, FEET. I NEARLY DIED WHEN I ATTRIBUTED HEART ATTACK SYMPTOMS AS FIBRO. ALSO CANNOT WEAR A HEAD BAND. "HOT SPOTS" FEEL LIKE SOMEONE POKED ME VERY HARD. SOMEDAYS ALL I WANT TO DO IS SLEEP. I CAN'T SIT FOR TOO LONG BECAUSE I START GETTING MUSCLE CRAMPS AND STIFFEN UP SO BADLY. WHEN I STAND I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE PAIN TO EASE BEFORE I CAN MOVE. 20 YEARS OF THIS. AND YES, IT DOES GET WORSE. MY CHILDREN GET ANGRY BECAUSE I AM INCAPACITATED AND TIRED. THANK G-D FOR MY WONDERFUL FIANCE'. SOMETIMES I TELL HIM "RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!" I FEEL LIKE A BURDEN TO HIM. HE IS 14 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME AND IN GOOD SHAPE. DUE TO DEPRESSION AND PAIN, I HAVE GAINED ALOT OF WEIGHT. REGARDLESS, HIS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL AND HE WILL NEVER LEAVE. HE AND MY GRANDCHILDREN, A FEW CLOSE FRIENDS, KEEP ME GOING.
- —Guest Jeri
- The best way to describe it is "my body is screaming".
- —Guest bean