- The touching of microfiber sends chills through my body and feels like someone is drilling into my teeth. I have to immediately bite my teeth down and toss the item out of my hands or I get numb.
- —Guest AndyB
- I get pain all over my body so intense that it feels like I am on fire from the inside out, so much pain, can't really describe it there is so much and so many kinds, head feels like it's in a vice most times, all over body spasms and twitches makes me throw the things I'm holding, constantly spill things, can't remember what I just did or read or have to do, can't spell any more use spell check all the time, what a life we go through and most people haven't got a clue, we look okay but are suffering in our own little world because normal's don't understand and can't put up with us when they do, Life what Life.
its hard to elplain to people
- It so painful...hand itches until I want to rip my skin off. I wake up in pain. Hurts to roll over..a hug can hurt. Ican be having a good day than something can trigger me and I'm in pain.
- —Guest michelle
Move it pain
- I am currently having a flare up but this fibro pain is new to me! I call it my move it pain! It is a constant aching in my limbs but if I don't move every five to ten mins the pain starts pulsating and gets intense once I get up or move it settles again to a bareable ache. I am glad to find somebody else names there pains lol my thoughts and prayers are with all whom love with fibro xo
- —Guest Megan
- Hi there. I read the above with interest. Have ached for most of my adult life but no doctor can diagnose exactly what is wrong. Have been told it is rheumatoid arthrits but no joint swelling Skin feels like prickles quite often (sparkler burns!) and have random pain, which seems to migrate from place to place over my body. I believe it all to be fibromyalgia but no doc has ever said that. As I'm now 73, I guess it won't kill me! Would dearly love someone to say definitively that it is fibro.
- —Guest Margaret Delaney
- A sudden stabbing pain that lasts for a brief period (30sec to as long as five minutes) overcomes a part of my body. The pain will usually occur in either of my shoulders or elbows, but have occurred in my lower abdomen, as well as my knees.
- —Guest Craig
Not soo good morning
- I'm 24 years old pregnant with my second child. Within the past month I've been waking up every morning I wake with excruciating joint pain. Especially in my right arm. Every morning I wake up my right arm and fingers are numb and there is a deep shooting pain all the way down my right arm to my finger tips. It is very hard to move my joints, they are stuff and ache so bad! It takes about a hour for symptoms to relieve a little. Two years ago I was diagnosed with osteoporosis and arthritis, I think the pregnancy has triggered it to turn to more possibly. All I know is this pain is unbearable!
- —Guest Marie151
FIBROMYALGIA! GOD HELP US!
- I thought I was the only one with strange symptoms that go with FIBRO. I get that buzzing electrical shock in my head, it's so strange! I wake up feeling like I've been hit with a big semi truck! Numbness, swelling in both feet legs, I have neuropathy pain in both feet and legs, I can't have anything touch my feet! I have so many other health problems, like IBS, IC, arthritis all through my body, I need a cane to walk, all started in my late 20's. I'm 44 now. Been on pain meds for years! Which don't do much anymore! I also suffer from, TMJ, poor blood circulation, degenerative eye disease macular, degenerative disk disease, anxiety, severe headaches, severe insomnia, which makes my pain worse! Tingling in my hands, feels like something is crawling in the center of my spine or needles, burning sensations like a hot poker. I also have gotten the severe knife pain in the butt! God is the only one that gets me through everyday, without him, I would surly have no hope. Hope this helps some
- —Guest Kittencuddler
- Well, I'll steer clear of the typical symptoms, as this guide-line pretty much set 'em up nicely for you. I get fun little obscurities like that 'crawling' sensation on your skin, only mine comes with patchy goosebumps that come and go without regard to temperature or stimuli because there is none to speak of. I get this bizarre sensation like all of my skin tightened for only a half a second. Sometimes, after having been standing for a while, or mid brief walk, I'll suddenly loose all balance and pitch over and nearly fall for no reason, with a complete lack of vertigo and nausea. I also have myoclonic twitches which take me from holding that apple I was about to wolf out on, to dropping it because my hand lost all grip for a second. And sometimes, my hips go numb in patches. Also, when I make a fist really tightly for about a minute, my fingers get stuck and I have to pry them open, and it's completely painless. Not sure if that's Fibro or not, never a dull moment!!
- —Guest Erin
Get it once a month
- I have an ache that travels to different places of my body,and to touch it aches really bad and the cold makes it way worse...Today it is on the left side of my face and just to touch that area is so painful!!
- —Guest Leela
- My FB pain prevents me from sleeping or wakes me from deep sleep. The only way I can describe this pain is that it feels like someone is beating my lower arms with a sledge hammer. The pain feels like it is in the bones, not muscles! I also have it during the day but working takes my mind off of it. I would say that I have this pain 60% of the time. Haven't figured out the trigger. Also wearing a bra causes rib pain and I cannot wait to get home and get it off. This symptom is my most recent one. Many other phantom pains as well but these are the most prominant. It is a sruggle to stay active but I will fight to the end:)
- —Guest Edith
You mean I'm not Crazy??!!
- I was diagnosed two years ago, it started with pain I'd never felt before and I couldn't explain. I'd go to see my Dr, and she'd look at me like what's wrong, but, i could'nt answer her, because i didn't know either. Over time, weird things started happening, the tingly's the burning sensations, the numbness, the stabbing pains, the crawlies, (in my scalp)!!!!...I am 53 years old, so, I told myself, it must be age, I also have Diabetes which is always very well controlled, so, I asked myself what the hell is going on. I had to come here to find out, I don't think Dr's know or understand this condition very well, so sometimes I feel as if they don't believe me, which pisses me off, Big Time. I am not a Hypochondriac, and I don't enjoy going to the Dr, but, that's how some Dr's make you feel. Lately, I have been feeling another strange feeling, it feels like someone is taking hot needles and sticking them in different parts of my body, it hurts so bad, I scream out loud!
- —Guest wittybrown
Types of pain
- I have constant pain in most of my joints and all down my arms. Although my doctor has tried his best it is now getting to the stage where I have had enough of taking medication that does not seem to do anything. When the stabbing pain starts I feel like ripping off my arms at the shoulder it is so intense. I never realised anything could hurt so much and how little the medical world can do to try to control it. If I was single I do not think I would be here now. What makes it worse is that I can only sleep on my back as any other position is too painful and by sleep I mean 3-4 hours a night if I am lucky.
- —Guest Intransient1
- I get intense muscle spasms - mostly in my legs but sometimes in my arms and hands. The docs attribute this to my fibro but cannot come up with any suitable treatment. I have a hot tub which sometimes help but, occasionally, the heat only aggravates the problem.
- —Guest Harriet
- ALL!! after my accident at work to my neck and left arm. I describe it as chills from fever numbing and broken neck pain. The itching has not stopped since then 2007 I get freezing cold & when I cover up and sweat the itch is so bad I have to cut my nails and file then down. I dont sleep nights. Causing more pain to my neck when I scratch. Bruising my arms from it. I get a pain to the top of my head that feels like.. lighting hits it and I fear I will drop on the spot. Pain to left arm and neck make you feel is it heart attack!!! I had to run out to backyard to scream & cry to stop the awful itch and feeling of insanity kicking in.
- —Guest DeeDee