- Yes I'm another I have been to my doctor numerous times and she sent me to a doctor at the hospital he said if the sweating was localised to one area he could of given me injections into that area but seems mine is all over there's nothing he could offer me . It's horrible I go shoping and when I go in a shop the assistant will say is it raining . But. I have to say no it's just me . I get absolutely freezing and get really bad pain in my knees nd back . Iv had it now for fourteen years , I am on morphene and my doctor thinks it that that's causing it built the hospital say no. I have to take clean clothes and a flannel where ever I go . But the worst time is if I'm in a meeting I get so embarrassed as I can feel people looking at me . If any body can give me advice on how to stop it I would be very grateful
- —Guest Carol
over sweating torso up
- can t find relieve try needle for arms pit didn t work i m so tired of all that water coming out of me summer winter also help i m just on a pension can t afford expensive cure if exist
- —Guest lise
No More Makeup
- My sweating is mostly head and face and hair. Sopping wet at times. I am over 70 and dr. says I'm still having hot flashes.
Can't wear makeup anymore, it would just slide down my face. The other day, I needed to stay awake past my bedtime, I drank some cups of coffee. I sweated my silk blouse till it was totally wet. I don't recommend caffeine.
- —Guest Abot Bensussen
- Omg, thank you all so much for sharing your experiences. I have had fibro now for six years about two years ago i started sweating when shopping, well it now has just about taken over my whole life and i feel so depressed, i try to look nice when going out and before i even finish dressing im sweating and my blow dryed hair is now stuck to my head, then i dont wanta go. my grandkids say gramma what wrong, my husband says its normal to sweat....really not just vacuming my house im only 48 so its very depressing like so many others my doctors says has no idea what is wrong maybe nerves, i ask if any other fibro pts have same problem, she says she doesnt know of any... so i feel im losing my mind on top of everything else, thank you all for posting these problems i know its terrible but now i dont feel so bad about myself...hopefully one day they will find an answer for us......
- —Guest s king
I am a sweat-a-holic not by choice
- For me, I think it is due to my weight. I always used to sweat, but since I put on so much weight, I sweat so much. It is embarrassing for me to go out with my friends, as I also think they are embarrassed because I am not really invited anywhere. I walk into a store that is totally Air conditioned, and I sweat. I am told sweating is a good thing, it means your body is working correctly, but if this is true then I need to be broken because I can not even go out in public. I do all my shopping online, I will be going to the gym after hours when no one else is there. I should not care about what other people think, but truth of the matter is, we all do, even if we say we do not. It has driven a wedge into my confidence. I am a male and used to be so confident. In summary though, I hear that thin in shape people can sweat just as bad too. But know this, if you have these issues, you are not alone.
- —Guest Russell
Excessive head sweating.
- I too have horrible head sweating. Yes, its bad when I shop but it is at its worst at night. I have to sleep with a towel on my pillow. More times than not I wake up with drenched hair, sweat running down my face and it gets in my ears. Most of the time I am cold and clammy. I didn't know it could be because of my Fibromyalgia. I only found that out here. It's nice to know I'm not alone but it really sucks.
I hate it so much. I never want to go anywhere so mo stly I don't.
I hate my life. I'm 44 and wouldn't dream of trying to date. I have found that taking Xanax calms down the symptoms but I wish it would just go away all together! I'm sorry for all of us.
- —Guest Lisa
- Yup. I sweat way more than I used to. Mainly at night though. I wake up and the back of my pjs are damp. Never ever used to happen.
Excessive sweating of my face
- I was confused because of my excessive sweating of my face...even if I work in air conditioned area my face don't stop from sweating...I wish you could help me from this problem.
- —Guest William dimaculangan
Try this, all you fellow soakers
- I have delt with fibro for almost 30 years along with hotflashes due to a hystectomy. After getting scared off of hormones due to breast cancer in the family, I had nothing but soaked clothes in the morning. About ten years ago I got into herbology in an attempt to get a life. I have yet to meet a Dr that cares enough to really help. In my searches for pain relief, I stumbled onto a treatment for hotflashes and nightsweats. Black Kohosh, 540 Mg twice a day. You can get it in just about any herb section of your local stores. Try it. It has worked wonders for me and has kept my husband alive. Good Luck
- I can feel the pain of so many of you dealing with profuse sweating...needless to say, it does ruin your life!! I hate summer because no matter what temp it is inside, if I do the least little thing, I am sweating bullets....I tried going off my antidepressant (Effexor XR) which keeps me sane and that didn't help at all! I do have FMS and irregular heartbeat but this was there before the sweating began!! My Endocrinologist put me on Gabapentin but it has done nothing. She acts like she has no clue how to help me...should I try a different kind of specialist? Also, i never took Hormone Replacement Therapy because of a blot clot that left me blind in one eye but i have always wondered if that might have helped???? I would welcome any suggestions or tips on what to do or try that might help this life altering and disgusting problem!!! Thank you and God Bless anyone who suffers from this!
- —Guest mamapearl
- Like all of you, I sweat excessively. It's been a major problem for me for many years - especially living in Texas. My doctor prescribed a topical antipersperant (mp?) that seems to help! I have tried all other options, short of Botox, with no luck and usually a rash-like reaction. The prescription can be used on the forehead and other sensitive areas of the body. The name is Hypercare 20%. Hope this helps somebody. Also checking out Robinul - thanks!
- —Guest nancyjean
how many do not sweat
- I have been dx with CFS in 1987 and FMS in 1992 and no longer able to sweat; how many do not sweat anymore which can be dangerous with any type of heat. also cold and hot sensitive.
- —Guest skypeople
- For the past 3 years i have suffered with Chronic Pain, Pelvic Pain and also have bladder problems together with suffering with IBS since 2004. For the past year or so I have had this excessive sweating in the winter and summer, it is really getting me down more so in the summer as when I have a shower as soon as I get out I feel I need another. I am not sure what the cause is it could be my anti-depressants which I have been on for 2 years, but I also think I suffer other symptoms like itchy ears which seem to come and go I am constantly tired so struggle day to day with little tasks. The trouble with the sweating is that it is very frustrating as you can be truly dripping and so wet it is though I have just stepped out of the shower when I am trying to get dressed. As for drying my hair I have tried to keep it as short as possible at the back as my neck gets so wet even when I am drying my hair. I have tried so many ways of trying to cope with it but to no avail. Any suggestions???
- Several meds have sweating as a side effect
but unfortunatly we need to take them. Whuat was worse was scince I was sweating the suntan lotion got into my eyes, and was waterproof. Our facets spray, instead of drip
so I had a miserable day and just hoped my tears would deconstruct it and it would be gone when I woke up. It stung. The headband sounds like a better idea. I got a no more tears baby type suntan lotion for this year. My dermatologis says u only need zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. the brand that got in my eyes was cotz. I always get suntan lotion wiped in my mouth to when trying to wipe away the sweat. But it is fine for the rest of the body, it says it is for sensitive skin with spf of 40 for both uva and uvb. I tried to find a hat with a wide enough brim, but everyone I tried scratched my neck or back. My mother got melanoma on her face because back 80 years ago they didn't think that the sun could hurt you. And there are like 4 other skin cancers you can get. sunscree
- —Guest B
- I too thought my excessive sweating was from taking narcotic pain meds. I have weaned myself off the hydrocodone but I still have bad attacks of sweating when I am out in public, it is embarrassing but I know that I have these problems so I just go on about my business. I think some of it is caused by anxiety, and the fact that our nervous system is damaged. I use cornstarch baby powder after showering and it helps.
- —Guest MLC