Living with Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Your Emotional Health
- Work, School & Disability Issues
- Enjoying Life
- Product Reviews
- Finding Support
The holiday season can wipe out the healthiest of people! For us, the work, stress and pressure of it can mean symptom flares and a long, miserable season. Find out how you can get through it better by planning and prioritizing.
- The Holiday Survival Guide
- Choosing a Halloween Costume
- Getting Through Thanksgiving
- 10 Helpful Tips for Holiday Shopping
- The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Gift Guide
Lifestyle changes are an important part of managing your illness. Find out where to start, and learn how to keep symptoms at bay while you're doing the things you need to do.
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Quality of Life
- A Day in My Life
- Lifestyle Changes -- Step by Step
- Cutting Clothing Pain
- Getting Comfortable in Bed
- 4 Things it's Hard to Do
- Living With Brain Fog
- Pacing Techniques
- Cold Weather Survival
- Warm Weather Survival
Cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping ... just the thought is enough to get symptoms going! See how you can tackle all the things that need to be done without winding up in bed for a week.
- Cleaning Tips & Tricks
- My Favorite Household Products
- Laundry: Ease the Strain
- Cooking: Simlify It!
- Grocery Store Survival
Tips From Readers
The best way to learn is from each other! See what your fellow readers can teach you about getting through life with this illness.
Diet & Health
Learn how dietary changes may help manage your symptoms and how the elimination diet can help you get rid of foods that may be triggering symptoms.
- Your Diet for Managing Symptoms
- Overlapping Digestive Disorders
- Should You Be Gluten Free?
- Identify Food Sensitivites: Elimination Diet
- Readers Respond: Elimination Diet Experiences
- Challenges of Eating Healthy
- Reader Tips: Eating Healthy
- Smoking/Tobacco Use with FMS
Probably the last think you want to do is exercise, and you've probably given it a shot only to have it make you a whole lot worse! At the same time, research keeps showing that exercise can help alleviate your symptoms. It doesn't seem to make sense, but exercise can make you better instead of worse, if you get started the right way and do the right kinds of exercise.
Your Emotional Health
When you're diagnosed with a chronic illness, it's a real emotional blow. Things like acceptance and good coping skills can be a big help when you're making the adjustment to your new life.
Work, School & Disability Issues
Are you working or going to school? See how you may be able to ease the strain caused by your illness. Considering a disability claim? Find out how to get the process started and how the system works.
- Can I Keep Working with FMS or ME/CFS?
- Can I Get Disability for FMS or ME/CFS?
- Filing for Social Security Disability
- Readers Respond: Disability Stories
- Reasonable Accommodation at Work
- Readers Respond: Reasonable Accommodation
- Getting Through School
- Back-to-School Shopping List
Low energy and brain fog combined can leave your life an unorganized mess. You don't have to live that way, though! The articles here can help you get organized again, one thing at a time.
It's harder to have fun when you have FMS or ME/CFS, but it doesn't have to be a thing of the past. You just have to make some changes so you can still enjoy your life.
Looking for a product to improve your life? See what pros and cons these products have for someone with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Mediflow Waterbase Pillow
- In Balance Temperature Balancing Sheets
- Homedics Shiatsu Back & Shoulders Massaging Cushion
Support is important, but not all of us have the support we need from people around us. Find out how to find support, online and in your community, and also learn about starting a support group.