Find Out About the Treatment & Management Options Available to You
Get a look at the variety of treatments available to those of us with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, from mainstream treatments and drugs to lifestyle changes and experimental treatments. Also find out how to find doctors who treat these conditions.
- Fibromyalgia Treatment Overview
- ME/CFS Treatment Overview
- Drugs, Supplements or Both?
- Find a Fibromyalgia Doctor
- Find an ME/CFS Doctor
Learn about the multitude of prescription drugs used to treat fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, as well as over-the-counter medications that can help manage secondary symptoms.
- 5 OTC Drugs for Your Medicine Cabinet
- Finding Free & Low-Cost Drugs
- Readers Respond: Free & Low-Cost Drugs
Drugs from several different classes are commonly used to treat fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Learn what they are, how they work, and what dangers are associated with them.
- Acetaminophen & Combination Drugs
- ADD/ADHD Drugs for ME/CFS
- Epilepsy Drugs for FMS
- NSAIDs (Anti-Inflammatories)
- Opiates (Narcotics)
- SSRI/SNRI Antidepressants
- Serotonin Syndrome
- Why Did My Doctor Prescribe Antidepressants?
Get information on drugs for treating fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, including how they work, what studies show, side effects, safety information and typical dosages.
Many people with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome get symptom relief through alternative treatments, either alone or in conjunction with mainstream medical approaches. Scientific research supports some forms of alternative medicine but not others. The articles here can help you sort out hype from fact and decide which treatments you may want to explore.
- Natural Treatment Options
- Cheap & Easy Home Remedies
- Myofascial Release for Fibromyalgia
- Bodywork: Massage - Rolfing - Reiki - Bowen Technique
- Acupuncture: Does It Work?
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Fibromyalgia
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for ME/CFS
- Mind-Body: Biofeedback - Hypnotherapy - CBT
- Find the Right Chiropractor - Massage Therapist - Physical Therapist
- Benefits of Laughter
A lot of people take supplements to help manage their symptoms. Find out what you should expect from supplements, what you need to know before getting started, and which supplements may help with specific symptoms.
- 7 Things You Need to Know About Supplements
- Supplements By Symptom
- Readers Respond: Supplement Experiences
Get a close-up look at many of the supplements people commonly take for these conditions, including the effect they may have, what studies show, dosage information, how to get them through your diet and possible side effects.
It's hard to research treatments for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome without coming across protocol using experimental treatments and theories. These articles will help you explore the claims made by supporters of these protocols as well as the science both behind them and used to refute them. This information is not intended to either support or debunk the experimental treatment protocols, but is here to help you find out the facts on both sides so you can make informed decisions about treating your fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome.