1. Health
Send to a Friend via Email
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

How do I find a doctor who treats chronic fatigue syndrome?


A. There is not a specific medical specialty that treats chronic fatigue syndrome, so you will most likely have to find a family practitioner or internist who is knowledgeable about chronic fatigue. Often the best physician recommendations for your area come from local support groups where individuals share their own experiences. The CFIDS Association will send you a list of support groups and contacts in your state if you will e-mail your name and complete mailing address to SupportGroups@cfids.org, or check with your local library or area hospitals to find a support group near you. If you have any doubt about whether a particular doctor treats chronic fatigue syndrome, call his office and ask before you make an appointment.
Top Related Searches

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.