1. Health

Adrienne Dellwo

Poll Results: Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Info You Want in 2014

By January 8, 2014

Back in December, I asked you to let me know what types of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome information you wanted to see in 2014. It was apparently a popular question, with the poll getting more than 1,800 responses and 30 people leaving comments! Thank you for all the great feedback!

The topics that fared best in the poll were:

• Latest research,
  • Symptoms & symptom management,
  • Treatment options,
  • Future treatment possibilities,
  • Overlapping conditions.

I have to admit, I was sad to see "sleeping better" and "eating healthier" get very little interest, since those two things can make a huge difference in how we feel. However, I also know that they're often among the most difficult things to manage and your doctor is probably already harping on you about them (but not giving you the resources to follow the advice.)

I was really happy, though, to see research getting the most votes. I know that keeping up with it has helped me immensely when it comes to making treatment decisions.

Topics people asked for in comments included:

• Teeth/mouth problems,
  • Chest & clavicle pain,
  • Natural treatments,
  • Lyme disease,
  • Medical marijuana,
  • Dysautonomia,
  • GMO foods,
  • Vagus nerve involvement,
  • Coping with isolation.

Look for posts on those topics, as well as others you asked for, over the next several weeks.

One person requested a topic that I intentionally stay away from. It's an important topic, so I'll be posting something soon about why I don't cover it and where you can find the information.

Again, thank you for your feedback!

If you haven't taken the poll but would like to, it's here: What Do You Want to Know About?

NEWSLETTER | FORUM | BIO | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Comments
January 10, 2014 at 3:35 pm
(1) Katherine says:

An article on what supplements help which symptoms would be of great use!

January 10, 2014 at 4:13 pm
(2) Kaye says:

I’d like to hear more about foods and sleeping! I’m on bare minimum of medications as the side effects just aren’t worth it. And as for research. I think I’ve just about given up, at least for my lifetime. Nice though if someone found something…

January 10, 2014 at 4:19 pm
(3) Paula says:

I didn’t ask for “sleep improvement” because this subject is covered constantly in fibromyalgia articles, and the suggestions are always the same, and have little to do with our pain. Yes, we know to have a dark room; to not work on lap top in bed; no bright lights; exercise earlier in the day’ etc., etc. Certainly, if you find some information that is new and pertinent, I’d read it. I know I sound negative; don’t mean to. Thank you so much for your weekly articles. Keep up the good work!

January 10, 2014 at 7:22 pm
(4) KAREN says:

Fibro relief and vitamin d are must haves for me. I also take d-ribose for fatigue. Supplements have helped me a lot.

January 11, 2014 at 1:15 am
(5) Deborah says:

I would like to hear all and any information on fibromyalgia, RA. and lyme disease.

Please Addrienne, any info that you might have to share.

January 11, 2014 at 6:24 am
(6) Alyssa Savage says:

Please mention about the FibroMapp smartphone app Adrienne! It’s been a godsend for me and everyone is know who uses it. It’s helped me to identify patterns so I can understand what is causing pain, a sleep tracker, meds tracker, pain tracker, a journal and many other things. The best thing is it collates information I’ve put in and creates reports. The first report I took to my doctor she finally saw my sleep issues and pain levels on a daily basis and started getting me better treatment. I’ve also been able to kick meds out that I suspected weren’t working as I was able to track them. Please, please mention this app… It’s so important for all of us to take more control over our conditions and that comes from understanding ourselves better. I know that this app is also the only pain management tracker app approved by the UK National Health System. Apps are where it’s at in health care! And believe me, I’ve tried many for FM /CFS and FibroMapp is way more comprehensive and can be personalised and easy to use. Thanks. Aly

January 11, 2014 at 6:31 am
(7) Quaterra says:

I love the results and what we will see in 2014. I’m eager to hear about which topic you don’t cover….a cliff hanger. I was also simply floored about the last topic to cover: Coping with Isolation. This is something I struggle with and for reasons I don’t know, I never even thought to put it in a category with my illness. A wake up call for me and I am especially eager to hear about ideas to deal with it. For we sure do get isolated.

January 13, 2014 at 2:26 am
(8) Suella says:

Good luck and farewell to you for this next year Adrienne. I’ve enjoyed some of your topics, but prefer to use other ways to get the latest research and scientific interpretation.

May 17, 2014 at 10:38 am
(9) chaude de la chatte péruvienne says:

Ce poste est plein de magnifiques conseils