1. Health

Adrienne Dellwo

Getting Sick On Top of Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

By August 15, 2013

My throat hurts, I have a cough and body aches, and I'm running a low-grade fever. I started feeling it two days ago and just rested and took care of myself for the whole day. I felt pretty good yesterday, but apparently I over did it because I was in bad shape when I woke up this morning. It's been another day on the couch. It got me thinking about this post from a few years ago, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Blog Classic: March 16, 2009

We have fibromyalgia (FMS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) - aren't we sick enough already? Yes we are, but that doesn't mean we're immune to all the bugs that go around. Whether you get a bad case of it or not, you're likely to feel it more than most people, and illness can trigger a flare.

The best way to deal with illness is to head it off at the pass.  Take steps to keep from getting sick or to keep it from getting worse. For prevention, the best advice is avoiding sick people (if possible) and washing your hands. If frequent washing isn't an option, use hand sanitizer. (Flu vaccines are a bit controversial for us, so you have to weigh the options to see whether they're a good idea for you.)

If you feel like you're coming down with something, you may be able to keep it from getting too bad. If you're exposed to the flu or have flu symptoms (beyond what's normal with ME/CFS), get to the doctor right away. Drugs like Tamiflu and Relenza can shorten the duration or help prevent the flu. Also, talk to your doctor about any increased FMS or ME/CFS symptoms you're having and extra prescription refills that you may need.

You might also want to increase any supplements you take that boost your immune function, such as:

However, if you tend to be sensitive to meds and supplements, like many of us, it's not a good idea to start a new supplement when you're sick -- you definitely don't need a bad reaction adding to your problems!

Other than that, the best thing to do is rest, rest, rest and do what you can to manage your symptoms. For help with that, see 5 OTC Drugs to Keep in Your Medicine Cabinet.

What has helped you keep from getting sick, or manage when you are? Share your experiences by leaving a comment below!

Learn more or join the conversation!

NEWSLETTER | FORUM | BIO | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Photo &copy Stockbyte/Getty Images

Comments
March 17, 2009 at 4:17 am
(1) DR says:

The last time I had ‘flu I was literally too ill to go to the Dr, not that antibiotics have helped in the past anyway…
I asked my husband to get some Olive Leaf, & the health store sent him home with Olive Leaf Ultra 5500mg, Acute Immune Help. It was brilliant!!! I could feel the improvement virtually from the first dose : I wholeheartedly recommend this product!!

March 17, 2009 at 11:07 am
(2) MB says:

There is an OTC product found in some vitamin sections called “Emergen-C”, and it’s wonderful! Most multi-vitamins upset my stomach, but Emergen-C is a little packet of powder that you disolve in a 1/2 cup of water and drink. You can take it up to 4 times a day, and it’s safe to use on a daily basis.

I had a sinus infection recently, and I can’t take too many medications that will help because of side-effects (two Mucinex will give me vertigo). Taking Emergen-C with low doses of decongestants along with Black Elderberry and regular sinus rinses was what got me through. In fact, one day I took everything else BUT the Emergen-C, and I felt downright awful!!

I wouldn’t call it a miracle cure by any means, but it has definetly helped. As an added bonus, Emergen-C is touted as a “natural energy booster” because of all the vitamins, and it does help my fatigue.

March 20, 2009 at 4:00 pm
(3) Mary says:

Oh.My.Lord. I was recently hit with the flu so bad I nearly slept 24/7 for 2 days. With the exception of having to get up in the morning to get my kids off to school and then again in the afternoon to pick them up – I was down for the count. I literally felt like I was hit by a Mac Truck plus a train in the beginning and then felt as if I had pulled those things around my neighborhood 18 times. I ached from head to toe above and beyond the norm from having Fibro. Fever of 101 at it’s worst. Head congestion, ears ringing, nose running – I had it baaaaaddddd. To suffer this on top of having Fibro almost put me into a stupor. Really, the only thing I could do was sleep, drink water (tons of it) and sleep some more. This was 2 weeks ago and I’m still recovering. AND I HAD A FLU SHOT TO BOOT!!

March 20, 2009 at 6:59 pm
(4) Michelle says:

Adrienne, I love your site. You offer such good ideas and help to make one with FM and ME/CFS feel not so alone. Regarding your suggestion for a nasal spray saline solution, I have discovered one called XClear, which includes xylitol, as well as salt. Xylitol is a sugar alcohol, a funny name for a low carb sweetener that is neither a sugar, nor an alcohol. It has been used for years in Europe as a sweetner in sugar free chewing gum, because it is an anti-bacterial. Thus, it adds an anti-bacterial component to the regular saline nasal spray, as well. I found it at Whole Foods, but I suspect that it is available in other stores that carry quality alternative meds, like Trader Joe’s or Prohealth or Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

March 20, 2009 at 7:30 pm
(5) alex says:

you are a God send. Your info. gives me hope and I am so thankful for what you do!Bless you and keep up the great work you do!

March 22, 2009 at 7:28 pm
(6) Donna says:

I don’t go out much during the winter when all the colds and flus are going around. I take a multivitamin every day and we constantly wash our hands. If I know someone is sick I avoid them even if it means missing out on a Christmas get together etc. I haven’t had a cold in 2 years and it’s been 23 years since I’ve had a stomach bug.

April 25, 2010 at 1:41 pm
(7) Ken Bagnall says:

Take Tamiflu, huh? Within a couple of hours of taking the stuff my symptoms worstened considerably. I was walking round in a daze, completely bewildered, with a head feeling like it was made out of cotton wool. My doctor was furious that the special helpline established here in the United Kingdom, had prescribed the drug, saying it should never have been given to someone suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

December 8, 2010 at 12:57 pm
(8) Carolyn says:

Sometimes I can’t tell the difference between a Fibro flare up and the flu.

December 8, 2010 at 11:17 pm
(9) Linda says:

Always check with your doc BEFORE taking any OTC med, herb or supplement. The prescribed meds you already take can be greatly affected in effectiveness by OTC’s etc and can sometimes cause severe and even fatal reactions.

NEVER ever take something that has not been approved by your doc, who knows all the RX meds you take First. Something so benign and even very helpful to another can be your worst enemy.

Just a heads up……I feel compelled to ensure that all understand this. I am not a doc or in the medical field any longer………but it just makes good sense to preface any personal experience with a ‘wonder drug’ with this courtious warning.

December 9, 2010 at 7:03 pm
(10) Tammy says:

When my CFS first became disabling 20 years ago (I had gradual onset through childhood until it got very severe in my 20s), I hardly ever got a virus, which I thought was odd. About four years ago, when my CFS started to improve, I suddenly got at least one virus a month. I am down to about six a year (Vitamin D and carntine have helped, I think), but they all flare my CFS for weeks afterwards, so they seem to take up my whole year. No one is more fastidious about washing hands and using hand sanitizer than I am. I ask everyone who comes to visit to wash their hands when they come in the door. I stay away from anyone who’s been sick until they are clear of symptoms. I avoid crowded places or places that feel like germ factories. I am not out much anyway. Yet I still get sick all too often. I am just now struggling to recover from a cold I got ten days ago. It’s frustrating to have to participate even less in life than I normally do when these viruses come up. My doc and I have tried many ways (mostly alternative) to help me to head viruses off, but not much has helped. He just told me today to stay in bed a few more days with this virus and to cancel massage yet again — both hard to do when there are Christmas presents to buy and I am in a lot of pain. But I also know he is right, and if I don’t do it, I will pay later.
Has anyone else find that they get more viruses as time goes on with CFS? And does anyone else get really sick after massage when they are recovering from a virus?

December 9, 2010 at 7:20 pm
(11) Carlos Gonzalez says:

To me there are two things that “sometimes” did work with the flu:

- Boiron, Oscillococcinum
- Ginger slices in boiled water

Although sometimes nothing works, and I just have to cope with it for 2 weeks or so…

December 9, 2010 at 10:03 pm
(12) Rachael says:

Is it a infection or a reaction? Are you immunosuppressed or immune-reactive? As a long time sufferer of CFS, I use to think that my symptoms, when I became extremely ill were because I had a virus or an infection (a down-regulated immune system). It was not until I began reading stories at a child daycare, a couple of hours a day, that I realized, when I became very ill, it was not an infection or virus causing my symptoms, but that I was having a reaction (caused by an up-regulated immune system). I would become terribly congested; have a low-grade fever; sore throat; suffer from headaches and extreme fatigue. By the end of the “work-week” I would feel so sick, that I use to think I had caught something from the children. The same thing would happen week, after week, but I would miraculously recover over the weekend. Eventually, I had to give up the position. As soon as I did, my problems with what I first thought was a virus or infection disappeared. I still have CFS, but I am now quite aware when my symptoms become worse, I am reacting to something. I do not have a down-regulated immune system, but an up-regulated one. This knowledge has helped me to cope a with my illness.

Infection vs Reaction

1) Symptoms of an infection (down system) include fatigue, inflammation, low grade or spiking fever, inflammation, body aches etc.

2) Symptoms of a reaction (up system) include fatigue, inflammation, low grade or spiking fever, inflammation, body aches etc.

December 10, 2010 at 4:56 am
(13) gail says:

be careful and dont trust ‘it’ to be fibromyalgia all the time. fog brain.. have found i have sinus blockage and polups in nose. irritable bowel cramps.. found i have cyst in ovary.going mental..na just going mental lol

December 10, 2010 at 11:03 am
(14) Cheryl says:

what a timely post…..i opted out of the flu vaccine this year and wouldn’t you know it….i got the flu about a month ago and i have been sick ever since….i made it to the doctor quick enough after flu symptoms started that i was able to get a script for tamiflu, but i still ended up with secondary infections and a horrible fms flare up….i’ve been on 2 rounds of antibiotics for upper resp infections and am still battling a cough and sinusitis….and my fibro flare is showing no signs of backing down….

December 10, 2010 at 4:28 pm
(15) aidan walsh says:

i have tried everything when i come down with a flu or a bad cold and i have really noticed lately that if i am bad i go and drink huge amounts of water and sometimes i will drink boiling water with a small amount of brown cane sugar and my symptoms begin to disapear completely and just by increasing my water aside from the amounts i already drink it is amazing how good i truly feel. i use to run for an aspirin or tylenol or cough remedies and realized it is the water that really does the trick. also because i am on prednisone now for years i am suppose to increase the dose when i have flares or feel unwell but now i will not take more steroid but just increase my water loads… http://www.watercure.com http://www.watercure2.org

December 10, 2010 at 5:38 pm
(16) Mary Seroski says:

Along with FMS, I also have OA, RA, among many other ailments.

RA is an autoimmune disease. And the only good thing about it, for me anyway, I can’t get the flu. It kills any bad bug that comes in my body.

But of course, it’s killing my body when it has nothing else to do. I am on three drugs to cut my SED rate down. My hands are constantly being attacked.

I haven’t had the flu in over 30 years and never had a flu shot. I used to get colds, but not so much anymore.

December 10, 2010 at 7:25 pm
(17) Kevin says:

Wow what a coincidence that this is one of the topics right when I get hit with the stomach flu. Thanks for the advice! I’m just glad I had most of my finals out of the way already before I got hit.

December 10, 2010 at 9:18 pm
(18) Darcy says:

I take my daily vitamims, wash my hands regularly, and try to avoid close contact with others who are sick. However, sometimes it is easier said than done! Since “coming down with” or “contracting” or “being hit with” (what is the best term to use?) Fibro, I find I am more worried about catching a cold or flu and that drives me crazy! When you have so many days where you feel ‘sick’, the idea of adding a viral illness on top of it is a little frightening. I have to admit I miss the days where a cold was just a cold and not a bomb that laid me out! I wonder if the list of Fibro symptoms should be expanded to include “catch-a-bug-aphobia” … or is it just me? haha

December 10, 2010 at 10:04 pm
(19) Darcy says:

Mary S., I am confused (not an overly rare state to find me in haha). You say that because you have RA, you do not get the flu, that any bad bugs entering your body are killed. This is not my understanding of RA. I have always understood that people with an autoimmune disease have compromised immune systems and, not only tend to catch viruses more readily but also, can suffer larger complications from them. Research and the medical community appears to support this idea. Would you mind taking a minute to explain where the discrepancy is between your understanding of RA and mine (which is limited). My friend was recently diagnosed with RA and I am doing my best to support them and become educated about their disease. Thanks :-) .

December 11, 2010 at 10:26 am
(20) Rachael says:

Darcy: I haven’t had the flu in over 25 years, just like Mary Seroski. I sometimes feel like I have the flu, but I think that’s because my body is over-reacting. It’s more like the response that you would get if you had a sensitivity or allergy. The basis of all autoimmune disease is a hyper-reactive immune system. It makes sense that because our immune systems are over-performing, that a flu virus wouldn’t get past the front door. I think people are genetically predisposed to being 1) immune suppressed (cancer, diabetes); 2) somewhere in the middle; or 3) have a hyper-reactive immune response (autoimmune diseases like RA, lupus, CFS).

December 11, 2010 at 5:04 pm
(21) Sarah says:

My doctor has me on herbal viral suppressors and Immune Extra which is made from pine nuts.

I don’t know if the viral suppressors kills the flu and the immune extra helps kill everything else, but other than having CFS I haven’t got a single bug since I started a year and a half ago. It’s worth trying if your Doc approves, but it might not be the right thing for people with Fibro.

December 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm
(22) Brenda Hanby says:

About 2 wks ago I went to the doctors, coughing fever hurting all over, I have fibro and CFS. The doctor tells me that I have pneumonia, well the next week was horrible to say the least. I really thought with the pain, exhaustion and not being able to breath I was going to die. It has been 2 weeks and I am still terribly exhausted, sinuses are still congested and headaches are maddening. This has knocked me down and I figure another 4 wks before I feel any relief. Normal ppl get sick and bounce back those of us with fibro and CFS take so long to get ourselves back. Now I am overly proactive in not shaking hands, washing my hands alot, sleeping more and taking vitamins…so far this has been my worst year yet

December 12, 2010 at 3:22 pm
(23) Rebel Rat says:

I had never gotten a flu shot before I was diagnosed with fibro in May 2009, but last year both my pain management doc and internal medicine doc (who work together to help me manage the fibro) insisted I get both flu shots — the regular and swine flu ones. I didn’t get the flu, despite working at a small private school. I also got a flu shot this year. I didn’t really suffer any bad side effects or major flares either time.

I’ve been a “germaphobe” for years, because I hate getting sick, and when I do get sick, I get REALLY sick — it always ends up being severe bronchitis, massive antibiotics, cough that lasts weeks and weeks, etc.

When I feel like I’m trying to get sick, I up my vitamin C intake from my usual 1000 mg/day to 3000 mg/day (1000 mg 3 times/day) and increase my water intake as well. That seems to help, although it doesn’t always keep me from getting sick. If I *do* get sick, I up the vit C to 4000 mg/day, and the minute it seems to be going to my chest, I head for the doctor’s office to get antibiotics. Even though I no longer have health insurance, it’s the only way to keep from getting incredibly sick.

As for overall prevention, I keep hand sanitizer in my car and use it every time I’ve been in a store or other public place the second I get back in the car. I’m extremely careful about NEVER touching my face when I’m out in public so I don’t transfer any germs that might be on my hands, and I carry hand sanitizer in my purse too. The minute I get home from being out anywhere, even if I’ve just run to the store and used my hand sanitizer in the car, I wash my hands thoroughly before I do anything else. I also carry sanitizing wipes in the car and wipe off the steering wheel, gear shift, etc., from time to time. And of course, the BIG one: I stay away from sick people, no matter who they are.

Good luck to everyone, and hope some of my tips might help. :)

December 12, 2010 at 10:50 pm
(24) Rachael says:

Dr Ken Holtorf, an infectious disease expert, talks about the h1n1 flu vaccine and the devastating effects it in can have on CFS and fibromyalgia patients.

December 15, 2010 at 5:02 pm
(25) Darcy says:

Rachael, I appreciate your feedback in this area and hope you will indulge me while I try and sort things out. I understand that a body with an autoimmune disease “attacks itself”. However, if this “attacking system” works so efficiently as to stop intruders from the get-go, then why would it not also quarantee that RA patients (as well as those with Lupus and Diabetes) would be free from not only colds and flus but also all other viral illness as well as infections (bacterial pneumonia, periodontal disease, e coli, staph etc.)? My understanding is that the immune system is not just over-active but also mis-directed and, therefore, viruses and infections can, and do, pose a significant problem for autoimmune patients.

Also, upon diagnosis, most RA patients are put on meds which suppress their immune system so, along with a misdirected system, they then have an even greater chance of contracting viruses and infections which is why the medical community strongly advises those patients to receive the flu shot each year. (continued)

December 15, 2010 at 5:02 pm
(26) Darcy says:

(continuation) My friend who has RA has suffered through numerous colds, flus, a horrible case of pneumonia, and a few skin infections(both before and after his diagnosis). Another friend of mine who has Lupus also does her best to avoid all contact with viruses as they catch her quite readily. So, you see my area of confusion … I am doing my best to find out if autoimmune diseases more specific in their targets than generally thought or are they just so highly individualized – some systems fight all invaders, others only fight specific ones and some systems are so worn down from attacking themselves that they are not efficient in attacking foreign invaders? Why is it that the more you learn, the less you know?! Ack! haha

Finally, I thank you for sharing the website link. As always, I truly appreciate the sharing of information and personal experiences this forum encourages. However, again, I am left with a question (dang those dreaded questions! haha). The article (and it’s author) state that Fibro is an autoimmune disease when all other research, within the arthritis and Fibro communities specifically, indicates otherwise. While some Fibro patients display autoimmunity features, it is generally non-inflammatory and a non-progressive condition which is not autoimmune.

Open to all feedback, agreements, disagreements, ideas and opinions by anyone … that is if anyone made it through this long-winded post ;-) . Thanks! :-)

April 27, 2011 at 3:03 am
(27) Judy O says:

For most of my adult life (25 years) I got every bug going – 6+ colds a year, stomach bugs, occasional influenza, chronic sinusitis, sore throats etc etc. I was constantly at the doctors, taking antibiotics, trying herbal remedies (which did finally kill of my chronic sinus infections).
Weirdly, since coming down with CFS and fibro 4 years ago I haven’t had a single bug, even when my family have them. Nice side effect but I think given the chioce I would have gone for the other option!
Has this been anyone else’s experience?

July 24, 2013 at 10:14 am
(28) Lynn Duggar says:

On top of having fibromyalgia I’m also bipolar so I am very limited on what medications I can take. I keep getting a sinus infection. I went to doctor and got an antibiotic but keep having symptoms of sinus infection reappear after medicine is gone. Does anyone else have this problem? I seem to catch any virus I come in contact with. It’s very depressing to be sick all the time.

August 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm
(29) Suella says:

I haven’t had flu for several years but this year, some months after an injection for it, I caught it in the spring. And then I caught a sever cold as I was getting better.

Bruce Campbell of http://www.cfidsselfhelp.org teaches that with CFS/MEwe need to spend some more days resting after we think we are better. I though tI did that, but obviously didn’t as I’ve not bounced back as well as I would have hope.

Next time I’ll give myself another quiet week before T try to resume any higher activity half days. Although I hope there won’t be a next time.

August 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
(30) Bonnie Olson says:

Your website is so helpful. I have asthma, fibro, chronic fatigue and depression. It helps to know others are dealing with similiar issues. I feel sad because I say no to many invites, but just don’t have the energy. I do my best to be thankful for good in my life, days when I can motivate myself to get out. I tell myself, things could always be worse, so learn to accept what I deal with, appreciative of each day.

August 16, 2013 at 7:06 pm
(31) Diana says:

Though not technically an ‘illness’ I used to dread getting my monthly cycle; aside from the usual cramping, bloating & constipation I was assured of terrible migraines for 4-5 days as well. I could just block off those days on my calendar, as I’d be ‘down for the count’ having to hole up in a dark quiet room bedridden during that time. Now being post menopausal has been a blessing, the migraines are very few these days & I’ve regained several days each month that previously had been lost.

August 16, 2013 at 10:16 pm
(32) Gloria says:

@ Diana — I used to be like that too — menopause was better, but not totally and then I found out that my thyroid levels were LOW. The docs didn’t pick up on that because they always just test the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels and more that half of the people who have thyroid problems have that situation BECAUSE the HYPOTHALAMUS and/or PITUITARY is not producing enough hormones to stimulate the thyroid to work. So a thyroid test should include Free T4 and Free T3 and possibly even the different kinds of thyroid antibodies. I even had antibodies to the TSH receptors!! That could be why my TSH was only at 0.08 while my actual thyroid hormone levels were really low. Most docs don’t pick up on these things, but Dr. Holtorf’s clinic is one that checks everything out. It pays to educate yourself if you even suspect a thyroid hormone problem!!! Both of my older daughters and I waited about 20 years for a diagnosis!!!

August 17, 2013 at 8:19 am
(33) Tom Vlassis says:

My issue is that I have yet been able to differentiate between a flare up and the flu. Over the past three weeks I have been confined to my bed with the exact same symptoms. They sure seem like flu symptoms but I have a hard time believing that I could contract the flu one week apart from another. Does anyone else have a problem determining flu from flare?

August 17, 2013 at 9:43 am
(34) honda4fun says:

Just reading previous comments, I have something to add. Back when I got CFS in ’87 not much was known about it. There was speculation that their were two types of sufferrres–one that was prone to catch everything and one that was prone not to. I’m not sure if that’s still the theory or not.

Since getting CFS, I was so afraid to catch every bug that went around. I didn’t have so much as a cold. Through the years things have changed. I had a stomach flu at the same time that e-coli scare (maybe 2009?) was going around. I had never been so sick but when I looked up the symptoms it wasn’t e-coli so I figured I had a bad stomach flu.

In Oct/Nov. of 2010 I got the swine flu. I hadn’t been out in weeks. My daughter must have brought that home with her because she got sick too. She was up and about (and not as sick) in a week and I was still flu-like a month later.

I also get the odd cold now and then.

I do think our systems change through the years.

September 1, 2013 at 10:52 pm
(35) Patty Butts, Ph.D. says:

I have recovered from chronic fatigue after five years of feeling like I had the drop-dead flu. Candida was a major player for my CFIDs so I can’t take antibiotics. An alkaline diet and supplements for yeast,(Neem, diflucan) and coconut oil helped me recover. At the first sign of a cold or illness, I take either olive leaf capsules, grapefruit seed extract pills, or Oregon grape pills which also kill virus. I gargle with salt water and if I have a sore throat, spray my throat with colloidal silver.I have a Ph.D. in Holistic Nutrition. If I had chronic fatigue again I would do “The Emotion Code,” or find an emotion code practitioner. Trapped emotions can contribute to ill health and chronic fatigue.

January 20, 2014 at 10:29 am
(36) how to boost your testosterone says:

If you need more information of the above subject, please visit my home
page at:. Most of the people don’t know that their website have numbers of poor
quality irrelevant back links. It has a normalizing effect on hormone
imbalances within your body, boosts metabolic rate and
increases blood flow to the genitals.

February 21, 2014 at 9:40 am
(37) Cass says:

I have Lupus and Fibromyalgia and I can honestly say that I never feel like i recover from any illness. I may start to feel a little better but each time I get sick I can feel it taking a little more out of me. Great article!!

February 23, 2014 at 5:10 pm
(38) jc says:

;
Hello everyone this is my first post here. I have been hit first with a sinus infection, then came down with almost broncitus, then a left outer ear infection all within 3 weeks. Went to doc and finished both antibiotics. After all that suffering last monday I was hit with a odd/ virus and my nose has the infection again. I have fibro, cps, bipolar, migraine, etc for someone in mid 30s. Fibro alone has made me so weak as it is. I have had all the pain specialists shots and back, neck epidural, none have helped me and my formor pain spec just used my insurance more fraudlike. I have been on every narcotic for the last 10 plus years. They all have helped but they always quit working. Now im so ill again im in bed most of the day and being disabled with a virus with cps, fibro I pray I live another year. Ive been sick so much every year that it is embarrasing. I have a great family thats very supporting. I take my meds right, have Christ. But im not that hopefull and my faith is small. I hope I will be a help to this world and too one day be healed. Tired of being a crybaby and selfish. I just want the pain and suffering to end and to survive till its my time to go. I dont believe in suicide its beyond selfish. Even though some days are hard and u may even think of it. I wont do it and anybody here please dont do it but try to survive. Thats all u can do. My life could always be a billion times worse. Please dont judge my writing I am not a english teacher. I am just sharing a day of my life. I am not here for attention or sympathy. Just sharing so u can see in your own life with fibro.

March 22, 2014 at 11:22 am
(39) toni says:

Hi there, I am so happy I found this site! I just recently suffered from the stomach bug or food poisoning, which then lead to headaches which swiftly went to a full blown migraine!!! I am a fibromyalgia suffer & guess I did not realize that it takes us longer to recover. I am sitting here crying looking at my disasterous house that fell apart in a couple days of me being bedridden & i feel sorry for myself, which I do NOT want to be at all!!! I have come a very long way to feel this good (as bad as I feel today, I use to feel this bad & worse ever single day) I found that the gym, when I feel well enough, was the best medicine for me. I truly haven’t had as many migraines as I was, but this still sucks!!! thank you guys, for letting me vent & for also finding wonderful answers from all of you…thank you, thank you, thank you…..now to get hubby & kids to understand…