We've all heard them:
- "That's just what doctors say when they don't know what's wrong."
- "That's not a disease - you're just tired!"
- "If you'd get out more, you'd feel better."
I could go on and on. Myths abound when it comes to fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, and it's important that #1 - those of us with these conditions know the truth, and #2 - that we counter these myths when we come across them.
Toward that end, I've put together 3 articles about common myths and what the facts are:
- Myths About Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia Myths
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Myths
What myths have you encountered? Which ones really bother you? Leave your comments below!
Photo © David De Lossy/Getty Images