We all know it - the people around us get tired of hearing about our symptoms. Some of us keep talking while others clam up, but no matter which approach you take, you probably realize that only other people with fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome really get what you're saying, anyway.
Sometimes, though, you've just got to vent. I'm in a complainy mood tonight, so to spare my Facebook friends, I'm going to post here about the things that are bugging me right now. I invite you to do the same, by leaving a comment below!
So here's what's making my life less-than-wonderful at the moment:
- The muscles in my lower back, especially my left hip, will not relax! They've been cramping for weeks now and I'm beyond sick of it.
- My allergies are driving me nuts. I take a 24-hour med, but right now I'm having to take a second one, which makes me lethargic and brain dead, but doesn't help me sleep.
- And speaking of sleep, I sure wish I could get some! My insomnia has been raging for months. The hip pain doesn't exactly help, either.
- Digestive symptoms - ugh, don't get me started. They never end. My primary doctor is great, but I think he's ready to throw in the towel and call this IBS even if it doesn't quite fit the diagnostic criteria.
- My short-term memory is horrible these days. I think it's because I'm way too busy. Of course, the lack of sleep doesn't help!
Now go ahead - get it all off your chest!