1. Health

Adrienne Dellwo

Air Conditioning Problems With Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

By June 15, 2011

Q: "I was wondering...

if anyone else has problems with air conditioning bothering their fibro??? With the hot weather approaching, I will be repeating last summer: sitting under my comforter with the air conditioning on..lol... sounds strange, I know... but it makes my legs ache and my arms flare up... Have you heard of this before Adrienne??" - Annette

A: Short answer? Yes!

Annette posted this question recently on my Facebook Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome page and I thought it was probably one of those things a lot of people experience while feeling like they're the only one in the world. It sounds crazy to run the air conditioner while curled up under a blanket -- unless you have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome that features cold sensitivity.

I am one of those people who gets this! Cold air blowing on me can cause my muscles to tense up painfully and chill me to the bone in an instant. Once I'm chilled, I can't warm up on my own -- I have to find a heat source to do it for me. It can also make me a bit nauseous and just ... vaguely icky feeling.

A cold environment will gradually get me chilled like this, but it doesn't cause the same response as blowing air.

Do you have a problem with cold air? What does it do to you? How do you deal with it? Leave your comments below!

Learn more or join the conversation!

NEWSLETTER | FORUM | BIO | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Comments
June 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm
(1) Rene says:

I have fibro and severe osteoarthritis. I am also a cancer patient taking tamoxifen so in chemical and surgical menopause. Body temp regulating is not possible.

I need the a/c when its hot because I burn up from those sweats and I have severe copd but the chilled blowing air gives me severe joint pain and then mega migraines. I also use a comforter and a hat but wake up many many times at night kicking comforter and sheet off and then bundling up when I am freezing again.

June 16, 2011 at 3:34 pm
(2) Rene wood says:

I am not a cancer patient, but I do have fibro and osteoarthritis also, and a few other things going on. I take blood thinners also. At night especially I have to keep my A/C turned down to at least 74 if not lower, I freeze with it set like that but if I don’t have it set that low, then I am burning up. I go to bed bundled up, but in a couple of hours I am waking up throwing the covers off with my head soaked in sweat. As soon as I get cooled down a little then I start freezing and do it all over again. I don’t sleep well because of this. With the summer heat here, it is just as bad during the day now also. I have a fan on in the room, but that makes my shoulders hurt when it blows right on it.

June 21, 2011 at 6:36 am
(3) Diana says:

This is me, too, Rene. All night long I’m up and down…hot and cold. We keep the a/c to 69, 67 sometimes, then I eventually freeze. Turn it off, then I wake up again boiling and have to sit on the side of the bed for an hour or more to cool off even after turning the a/c back on. And so it goes. It doesn’t make for a good night’s sleep . I have fibro and CFS as well as osteoarthritis and Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.

June 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm
(4) Delores says:

Yes, that would be me. Air conditioner on if needed and bundled up under the comforter to keep the air from making my body ache. What else can we do? Nothing that I have found yet. You are not alone.

June 16, 2011 at 5:23 pm
(5) Danny says:

I am a 55 year old man. I have fibromyalgia with all of it’s delightful extras and inoperable, late onset, adult scoliosis with stenosis, and deteriorating vertebra. I wear a lightweight, zip up, hooded sweatshirt indoors and take it off as needed and then I’m usually trying to find where I’ve laid it. I also have a small electric heater in my bedroom to help regulate the room temp. I don’t fall asleep with it on or I wake up floating in sweat, worse than ever. I put bath towels on the sheets and pillows to keep from having to change them every day. Getting out of bed requires getting dressed immediately to keep from freezing. I wake up every hour to hour and a half. Doesn’t matter if it’s to go to the bathroom or not. I just wake up. This is a hell of a way to have to live.

September 23, 2011 at 2:12 am
(6) Vandana Singh says:

I thinks accupressure or acupuncture can help.
Try accupressure, or magnets on nerve degeneration points (ND1-ND3), spinal cord points, and central nervous system points

June 15, 2011 at 3:35 pm
(7) Jeannette says:

I did have that same issue for several years, however, it ended up being my thyroid. With an under active thyroid, it causes an inability to tolerate the cold, among other things…

Also, there is a fellow named John Lowe that has done a lot of research regarding the connection between Fibromyalgia and thyroid disease. Of course it may not be the thyroid causing the issue however if you have never read any of his documentation, it is worth the read.

Wishing you good health,
Jeannette

June 15, 2011 at 3:46 pm
(8) Lynn says:

I can’t handle cold air hitting my skin on my arms or legs at all – whether it’s winter or summer with the A/C on – the cold air hitting my skin makes my skin hurt, my joints hurt, but I can’t stand to be hot whatsoever either – so I’m always in long sleeves & pantyhose now and at home – under a comforter.

June 15, 2011 at 3:48 pm
(9) Kristina says:

I have this problem, and it causes me a lot of problems when I shop in the summer. A trip to the grocery store is exhausting and painful- more so in the summer than the winter because of the temperature change. My skin actually burns, and my feet (if i wear sandals to shop) get cold to the bone, and take forever to warm afterwards. I actually enjoy getting into a hot car after I shop!

June 16, 2011 at 1:00 am
(10) Wendy Burnett says:

Oh, YEAH! I love getting into the car after shopping, because it warms me up so fast. I’ve discovered with the a/c problem, if I can keep the cold air from blowing directly on me, it helps. I also keep it set a few degrees higher than most, and put a fan on hubby if he’s too warm. Also, instead of wrapping up in something, putting a hot pack on my back seems to help my whole body stay warmer without getting TOO hot. (I think that the hot pack warming the blood as it travels to and from my feet and legs helps to regulate my temperature. BONUS: it also helps with my low back pain.)

June 17, 2011 at 9:04 pm
(11) Barbara says:

Yep, I dread going into the cold aisle in the supermarkets here in the uk, it triggers off my nerve pain, I dread it and if possible I avoid it completely.
Yep too hot, makes me feel weak, but I love the warmth and it calms my pain down alot. I still have my heating on in my sitting room (lounge) and it’s june!! Rubbish summers here!! My vit d was so low my dr put me on 20.000ug 5xdaily, hasn’t improved my M.E/CFS pain but did help with arthritis pain caused by ulcerative colitis. I have finished the course now, but I’m back at the drs this week, maybe check my vit d levels first, but hopefully he may give me some more!! But the cold gets me more, and I’m agony in winter.

June 19, 2011 at 12:53 pm
(12) Sandy says:

I can sit in the hot car all day. Or in the sun at the pool. The only relief I get from pain is in the heat. But, then the fatigue sets in. Air conditioning about kills me. Someone mentioned the cold air hitting their skin hurts. I thought I was crazy when I first experienced that. I’m so sorry someone else has that awful sensation too, but I’m also glad I’m not crazy. But, I need the A/C because the humidity is dreadful.
Anyone know a place in the US that has a nice moderate climate without lots of humidity??

October 14, 2011 at 12:46 pm
(13) Judy says:

That is me exactly! I can handle all the heat in the world. Anytime it gets consistently below 65 degrees outside my skin hurts and nothing warms me. I live in Ohio and for 6 months a year the weather tortures me. The hotter the better. I could handle 90 degrees year round. I feel much less pain in the summer. Once I feel cold, at all, I hurt everywhere!

June 15, 2011 at 6:42 pm
(14) yep says:

The heat and humidity of summer actually cause me more problems, but If someone turns the a/c up at night, the pain it causes wakes me up and I’m more stiff and achy than usual. I keep a lightweight jacket in the car for trips to freezing stores, etc, but then when I get back outside, the humidity in particular almost knocks me out. I do sometimes pass out from it, so I guess my struggle is centered around going between a/c and outdoors in the summer in the south.

And then there are the summer storm fronts moving through…….

June 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm
(15) ann bull says:

Absolutely! I could have afforded to have my old house cooled by central air, but after livng with that for 5 years, opted for a swamp type cooler on a thermostat. I have a ceiling fan over my bed to keep the air moving but its not the dry cold air of an air conditioner. I am much more comfortable. I have found I have a very limited range of air temp that I am comfortable in, but cold dry air on me is just plain miserable!

June 15, 2011 at 7:47 pm
(16) donna says:

Yes, this is a big problem for me. I cannot tolerate heat, like a hot shower makes me faint, tremulous and nauseous, and air conditioning locks me up. I get stiff, cold to the bone, have terrible pain and am under a blanket while my husband sweats. He tries to keep it warm in here so I don’t suffer but then he is too hot. I also have had a recurrence of painful skin, it hurts when I am brushed up against or rubbed. I guess you can rub me the wrong way!! Not feeling that humor, but I did try! God Bless each of you!

June 15, 2011 at 7:58 pm
(17) Laurie Kurth says:

I can relate to this very well! I am usually very warm and need the A/C on or to have the furnace turned down…but once I do get cold it takes a lot to warm me up again. We have a LOT of humidity here and that really takes a toll on me and then add in all the weather fronts that have being through lately and you have one very sore body!!

June 15, 2011 at 8:54 pm
(18) Susan says:

I have suffered with intolerance to cold for years. My house is referred to as “the oven”. Although I have also been diagnosed and treated with low thyroid, it has no effect on my intolerance to cold. The doctors still do not want to admit or acknowledge fibromyalgia, but each new one (county clinic) is intrigued with my various symptoms although they have no clue what to do about them since most blood tests come back normal for everything.

June 15, 2011 at 9:04 pm
(19) Barb Moos says:

Air conditioning blowing on me causes me pain.Now I understand why I am experiencing cold sensitivity.

June 15, 2011 at 9:21 pm
(20) Audra says:

I have wondered about this, thought it was just something else to make people look at me like I’m a freak!
The summer time intense heat hurts me more than being cold I think, but hate the frigid cold refrigerated air! So I also will cover up while watching tv. While in the winter months I swear when I go to work or the store I need to be wearing summer clothes!! The extreme dry heat makes me so miserable!
So what to do…like I said people cant understand and seem to either think I’m a freak or that I just am a constant complainer. I try so hard not to talk about it but this temperature sensitivity is so miserable.

June 16, 2011 at 3:14 pm
(21) renee says:

I have had a sensitivity to air conditioning for quite a few years. I dont mind the cold as much as the air blowing directly on me. Anytime I go somewhere where the air blows on me and I cant control it, I get so stiff and sore and achy – and then end up with a headache from it. I never go somewhere without a sweater or jacket. I actually tolerate the heat better. I love sitting outside, unless the humidity is really high.

June 16, 2011 at 3:27 pm
(22) lynne says:

i also have a problem with the ac on me..i out it on low an put a fan opposite from it to circulate the air. i hate the winter..love the summer but hate high humidity…so glad to have u all here to share with

June 16, 2011 at 3:46 pm
(23) Marie Edwards says:

I have found that if I’m even in the heat, outside that I will get sick from it, as well as light sentivity. Sometimes in the winter i get sick as well from the heater being on. I do however use a heating pad, and that seems to help my fibro. Without my pain medication I’d be in bed all day.

June 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm
(24) Sheila says:

I have kinda this same issue except with me, it’s the heat that causes my flares. Except for my legs, they get the least bit chilled and BAM instant spasms! I can’t even sleep on my HEATED waterbed because it’s unbearable. Too hot for the top and just right for the legs. MY solution to this is three throw blankets pinned together, just to cover my legs and multilpe fans in the upper half of my room to regulate the temperature. Maybe this could heelp some of you….

June 16, 2011 at 4:29 pm
(25) Linda says:

Really love it chilly, with a warm quilt. I crave to breath the fresh cool air, but my internal thermostat stopped working when i first got CFIDS. The cold is best when I am still, then I can easily expose myself to the cold when I overheat, and recover when I get cold. But, I do need it a bit on the warmer side when I am moving around. I LOVE to sit in the sun, but it tends to weaken me after awhile.

June 16, 2011 at 4:42 pm
(26) Geri says:

I cant stand to be hot it makes me sick and I can’t breath but the cold air thing I never gave it any thiought why I was hurting so bad when I got cold. The heat just knocks the stuffing out of me and I just want to cry cause I dont feel like doing anything but to go to my recliner and collapse.I have been on Lyrica for 5 months and I don’t see where it is helping me at all now. God I wish I had something to help with the pain. I also have artritis in my back ad hands.

June 16, 2011 at 5:27 pm
(27) SKP says:

I feel exactly the same!! I can’t live with or without the air conditioner. My best time of year is early spring or fall when the temps are more moderate and the humidity is lower.
I live in TX with extreme heat/humidity!!

I could have written exactly what you did, except I don’t take Lyrica.

Thanks for sharing.

June 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm
(28) Cheryl Kirby says:

I too have Fibromyalgia and other health issues including menopause. I am not able to regulate my body temp. with any kind of consistency. I will be fine one minute and about to pass out the next from a heat surge. It is really bad right before I go to sleep. I am freezing my husband out of the bedroom because I have to have a window unit in addition to central ac. 70 – 72 degrees is good but I am cold the hot then cold and on and on and on. People who have never experienced being overwhelmed by sudden heat flares don’t understand what it feels like. I work in the legal field and have to dress for court. I always have a hand fan and layers of clothes so I can adjust as needed. I have noticed that the cold air blowing on me makes me hurt so I understand the need for buffering. Yet at the same time I need the air to blow on me to feel any relief. Catch 22 anyone?

June 16, 2011 at 5:17 pm
(29) p.d. says:

ALWAYS have this problem, my husband gets so annoyed with me, if he only had to go through this!!!

June 16, 2011 at 5:22 pm
(30) SKP says:

I find I get achy in air conditioning, but I also get very fatigued and achy in hot/humid weather. Extreme hot or cold gets to me. I sleep with blanket year round, so we can keep the temp in house at a low enough temp to get really good sleep.
I also swell more in hot humid weather. Places ache and pain that don’t very often. Thx

June 16, 2011 at 10:41 pm
(31) fabulous bebe says:

YES YES AND MORE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i take a blankie with me EVERYWHERE I GO….. even in restaurants…i cover my legs and knees with it cause i already usually have a sweater.. and i DARE… DARE!! someone to say somethiing..

June 20, 2011 at 1:53 pm
(32) Jessica says:

Your comment made me laugh… sounds just like me. I wear a sweater/fleece zip up sweat shirt though. Blanket in the truck and a heavy comforter on the couch to cover up with. I used to be able to dress up in those little summer dresses and go out to dinner but, now the thought terrifies me….

June 17, 2011 at 3:42 am
(33) Rose says:

I have the same problems with air conditioning. I can be freezing in my house and the temp is usually a normal temp for hot weather and my boyfriend says it ain’t cold in here. And also in the summer and winter I have to sleep with pj pants on because if my legs get cold they ache.

June 17, 2011 at 6:01 am
(34) Kellie says:

I have fibro and cfs. I live in Dallas where temps are 100+ right now (June). Heat is brutal and completely zaps my strength, but the ac can be painful, and turning it off isn’t an option. I also have episodes of intense sweating on my head… cute.I am feeling MUCH better this yr, though, with treatment at the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Ctrs (now called Chronicity.) Night and day compared to last yr.

June 17, 2011 at 8:03 am
(35) Evainia says:

I can’t cope with air conditioning systems! They make me feel very cold,sick stuffed up and can not stop sneezing.much rather be to hot! I have fibro.

June 17, 2011 at 3:28 pm
(36) Nancy H says:

Yes, I began to notice how blasts of cold air would cause the FM in my chest area (the breastbone) start aching when normally it would not. My lower back is covered so its not exposed to A/C. But usually besides my chest, my shoulders (osteo) and back (osteo and FM).

When I’m in the car, I turn the little vents away from me. My husband loves it all directed toward him if he’s driving. As long as the car A/C isn’t blowing directly on me or in a restaurant, etc., then I can tolerate it.

June 17, 2011 at 3:41 pm
(37) Sue says:

Yes, I am very sensitive to the cold and especially cold air blowing directly on me- at work they are trying to lower their heating bills and the HAVAC blows from the ceiling- no matter what I do or wear, the not very warm air in the winter and the air conditioning in the spring and summer makes me achy and cold. And my husband insists on sleeping with the fan blowing on him summer and winter- he doesn’t understand that I just cannot stand that so I usually end up on the couch!

June 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm
(38) Carolyn says:

Yes! Bone chilling cold!

June 17, 2011 at 3:55 pm
(39) Andria says:

I wish all my friends and family could or would read this. They all think I’m nuts because I will put up with the sweltering heat rather than turn on the a/c. I even had to leave the emergency room last week because the air was turned up to ‘Artic’ and I started to hurt all over and stiffen up. Good thing my daughter could stay with my grandson who required stitches or I would have been calling for a gurney and some warmed blankets.

June 17, 2011 at 4:07 pm
(40) LEE says:

So depressing.

June 17, 2011 at 5:35 pm
(41) Doreen says:

Yes! I have fibro and Hashimoto’s, so I’m extremely sensitive to the cold. I can’t take any cold air at all, but I’m especially sensitive to blowing cold air. I can’t even take a ceiling fan blowing on me, even when I’m hot. Cold air makes me HURT. That said, I’m also menopausal, so at night I need a cool room so I can huddle under my blankets until a hot flash consumes me. That’s about the only time that cold air feels good!

June 17, 2011 at 6:07 pm
(42) Della Mae Johnston says:

As often is the case when I read something like this that coroborates/validates an ‘odd’ or inexplicable sensation that I experience- I almost cried.

This has actually been one of the symptoms that has caused me the most grief, emotionally. Though the general temperature change being in an air-conditioned space will cause my body to plummet uncontollably into chills, it’s- and this is far worse- cold air blowing on some area of my body while another part is warm, such as sitting in a car on a hot day with the air-conditioning blasting.

I can’t control my internal temperature- I’m boiling, I’m freezing- and I can feel my body stiffening, my mind scattering like a flock of frightened birds and my emotions- anxiety, fear, sadness, welling up.

Partly that is because whoever I am with (alone, I’d never use the air-conditioner- I’d open the back windows) invariably reacts negatively to my request to turn it off. Perhaps overtly, perhaps ever-so-subtly, barely discernably, but they react. The blank, ‘what a fruitcake’ slight smile or the angry, accusatory, ‘you’re such a hypochondriac’ retort.

I understand. It’s hot, they’re being inconvenienced, being asked to sacrifice their comfort for mine, and to those who don’t experience it, such a physical reaction must seem most unlikely or fabricated.

But though I understand, the reaction still hurts.

June 17, 2011 at 11:59 pm
(43) Barbara says:

Air Conditioning sends me in a downward spiral especially if it blows directly on my skin or if I inhale the cold air. My muscles stiffen and I hurt for days. If my head or even my hair gets cold look out, I will have a sinus infection or sneeze for hours. I have had fibromyalgia and r/a for years and was laughed at for wearing hooded sweaters in the summer. When it is humid outside, I break out in a sweat and have to turn on the air but bundle up. At night I cannot sleep with the air conditoner on because I will be sick for days. I get the house as cool as possible and then take my sleeping pill. Reading the posts have made me feel better because people, not even my doc understood. Our lives are merry go rounds which never stop.

June 18, 2011 at 7:07 am
(44) James Grady says:

This is a little strange. When the weather get really hot I like to keep the A/C on in my living room where, when I sit, is it usually there. But I have an electric heater sitting on the table next to my couch, where I also spend time on my computer screen mounted there. Even on a warm and not so hot day I turn the heater on and it blows against the side of my body and faith. For some reason the heat blowing against me, even if the room is cooled, gives me some relief from my FM pain, which is really bad in the morning when I get up. It runs up my electric a little but it’s worth it.

June 18, 2011 at 2:07 pm
(45) Sheri says:

I have to say it is the exact opposite for me. I cannot tolerate any heat and can handle the cold very well. I have been diagnosed with CFS, FMS, chronic Myofascial Pain, adult scoliosis, DDD etc. I completely fall apart in any kind of temperature over 74 degrees. My muscles spasm more and I ‘vibrate’ from some muscles moving so much. I get a horrible mental fog and just wilt. In the winter I do not usually need a coat or jacket unless it is below freezing. I find I am most comfortable around 65 degrees and though it makes me a little stiff it is far less painful for me. I even sleep with a fan directly blowing on me so I stay cool while I sleep because if I am the slightest bit hot there is just no sleeping for me. Interesting how temperature and all can be so different for everyone.

June 18, 2011 at 2:42 pm
(46) Shauna says:

And here I thought I was the only one who had this problem. I have to have the AC on to 72 degrees or I am miserably hot, I, too, will kick the covers off at night, then freeze and have to cover up again. Its almost impossible to find that comfortable balance. I have night sweats, too, and excessive sweating while active even when its only 65 degrees!

Temperature regulation is impossible due to the Fibro/CFS. If I get chilled, my body cannot warm itself and I have to crawl under covers, put on a jacket, etc. If I get overheated, then I have to use ice packs, get indoors under an AC… I’ve been known to take hot or cool showers depending just to regulate my body temperature.

Ain’t Fibro/CFS fun? NOT!

June 18, 2011 at 8:56 pm
(47) NickG says:

At my work place they keep it between 68 and 70 degrees usually. I keep my home between 75 and 78. I freeze especially because the breeze blows right over me. I wear a warm jacket and sometimes a winter sweater in addition to it and I can’t usually warm up until I go out into the warm weather outside. I can take the cold, but not the cold air conditioning. There’s quite a difference. I also can’t warm up easily after that cold breeze and it often keeps my shoulders and neck rigid and tensed all day. Then it takes me an hour or more to even start getting better. At night I often need a hot shower or bath for 20 – 30 minutes to even start to counteract the tenseness in my muscles. The pain it brings is a lot. Americans like their air conditioning more than ever now, too. I never grew up with A/C, so it’s maybe even worse for me. Maybe some day the United States will start changing their ways with this waste of energy, but I really doubt it will happen in my lifetime???

June 18, 2011 at 10:07 pm
(48) Colleen says:

Yes, epsecially in the hotel during the night when I’m on a medical trip. I need to shut the fan off and use extra blankets. I’m in more pain and can’t sleep when I’m cold. My feet are always cold and I wear socks even in summer when I’m at home and during the night. The only way I can truly warm up is to take a bath. Yet, ironically, I have the symptom of sweats. My thermostat doesn’t work properly.

June 20, 2011 at 8:19 am
(49) Kati says:

Wow! This is so interesting for me to hear because I have Fibromyalgia and have a major problem with getting cold easily and not being able to get warm. I do not barely use air conditioning because it makes my arms,legs, and rib cages ache down to the bone! I am always cold even in the summer and can’t wait for the temps to get over 80 degrees. I always have cold hands and feet and the only way for me to get them warm is to run them under hot water. I can put socks and slippers on and put my feet under a blanket and hours later they are still cold as can be! Sometimes out of no where I get cold internally and can’t seem to warm up and it makes me drowsy! I am 29 and have struggled with this my whole life, so GOOD POST! I am glad to have an answer to this problem:-)
THANKS, Kati

June 20, 2011 at 11:33 am
(50) Dawn says:

So I’m NOT crazy! I have trouble with both hot and cold temps. The heat makes me nauseous and weak very quickly. Cold makes me stiff, sore and miserable. And cold air blowing directly on me (even a fan) makes my skin hurt. Even the sound of the air conditioner blowing in the car gives me a headache and makes me jittery and edgy. Good to know I’m not alone.

June 20, 2011 at 12:48 pm
(51) Alyson says:

I have had FM for 13 yrs. I also have a wonderful husband of 23 years who, unfortunately, is a human heater. He keeps the house at a chilly 68 in the winter, and turns both evaporative coolers on high in the summer. I, in turn, wear fuzzy socks, sweat pants, turtlenecks and hoodies all year long. I keep soft and fluffy blankets on the back of every chair and couch to wrap around my legs and feet. It should be lovely to cuddle up with my warm hubby, and it is for a moment. Then I overheat, and the cuddle starts to ache, and then I have to go sleep on a couch.
Also, My hands are always so cold all year long that I use them for ice packs on my daycare kids heads!

June 23, 2011 at 9:51 pm
(52) Timber says:

I often spend the entire summer under my electric blanket WITH the AC on. Makes people around me think I’m crazy. But air in general can be a problem. I have to keep a sweat shirt in the car for going into stores. Grocery stores are always the worst. Their AC’s are always turned down so low – absolutely FREEZING.

I also tend to have to run around in long sleeved shirts even in the summer. I try to use the AC just enough to take the humidity out of the room, but still pretty warm.

June 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm
(53) Nitalynn says:

One of my sleep problems is the result of the fact that I vary between chill and the hot flashes from he!!. I wake up sweating and then pull everything off and drift off to sleep and then wake up cold and in pain. I put covers back on and then start all over again.

June 25, 2011 at 8:07 am
(54) Delere says:

A big yes here especially when I go out. Seems everyone thinks the A/C has to be set to 65 during the summer. At restaurants I always request a seat as far from any vents as possible. I also set my own A/C to just low enough to remove the extra humidity but as little difference from the outside temp as possible so there is no shock to the system with sudden temp changes.

June 25, 2011 at 5:38 pm
(55) bonnie says:

yes I do, I feel like im freezing sometimes in hot weather to, lol ! I am always under a blanket when the air conditioning is on!

June 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm
(56) L. Brown says:

I can’t bear having air of any temperature blowing on me — it instantly wreaks havoc either way and I have to get away from it ASAP.

June 29, 2011 at 6:41 pm
(57) Shelley says:

It is very hot and humid where I live and that just wipes my out. I dread summer. Spring and Fall are my best times. I have to have a/c but I wake up cold then hot and kick off the blankets and then cold again. I thought I was still in menopause but after reading all your comments I guess it is the fibro. I have found that if I don’t have the a/c blowing directly on me I don’t hurt but I still keep waking up and I don’t get a good nights sleep. If I am somewhere and the a/c isn’t on high enough I get very nauseous, l and I am miserable.

July 27, 2011 at 2:13 am
(58) Phyllis says:

I hate this thing they call fibromyalgia, I have all the same complaints as the rest. IS THERE A CURE??

September 9, 2011 at 2:30 am
(59) Daniela says:

I have suffered through this since i was little. I will be burning up during the summer then when i turn the fan on and its hitting me, my arms and legs start hurting and the pain almost makes me want to cry. I’m unable to concentrate on anything else but the pain. It will be scorching out and I have to be with the fan and a/c on but under the covers. During the night its like impossible to sleep comfortably, one minute its super hot and i have to take the covers off because i’m sweating a lot then a minute later i’m freezing and in pain. I always thought it was just me being too sensitive to everything. Not fun at all!

October 15, 2011 at 4:55 am
(60) Eric says:

I wanna cry right now because I did think I was the only person in the world with this problem and my legs hurt real bad right now. I find my legs hurt less in the day. I can’t run the air conditioner in the summer I just have to sweat. I wear long under ware in the summer.I’ve had problems with the freezers at the market for some time now but the other day my legs hurt the whole time I was in the market. I’ve never received a CFS diagnosis because I don’t have great medical insurance and they will say the HIV is causing the CFS but I believe I have both HIV and CFS.

December 21, 2011 at 3:39 pm
(61) Cinnamon Spice says:

RE: Cheryl Kirby – (28)

You are experiencing the EXACT same symptons as I am. Now, I don’t feel like I am getting old or completely losing my mind.

I have a remoted fan, heater, and a/c all in my bedroom, I get no sleep! I wake up almost every hour in pain, sweating like a pig, hurting body aches and stiff joints. I am only 50 years old. My poor husband does not understand at I am going through or why. I am afraid that my craziness might be driving him away. I can’t help it. My mood swings, severe sweating, fatigue, changes periodically throughout the day, I get cold, then I get hot, then I get irritable, then I feel like I want to come out of my own skin! Then at night, it worsens. I feel like I wan’t to die sometimes, the feeling is really hard to describe. I may have one normal day out of a month, but sleeping an entire night without waking up every hour on the hour would be sometime I would love to experience again! Menopause SUCKS!

I think I am going to remove the fan from the bedroom and hide the remote to the a/c to see if the pain and stiffness at least subside. As far as getting a good night sleep – I don’t have a solution for that. Prayer, prayer, prayer and more prayer is my only solution to it all!

June 15, 2012 at 3:48 pm
(62) Cheryl says:

I can’t deal with the heat or humidity because I retain fluid and in turn that causes me to swell and have more pain. My face and eyes are affected the most with puffiness. I have to have the air on but then I’m cold so for me it is air plus my furry bathrobe. I know it sound’s crazy but it seem’s to be the only way to be somewhat comfortable !!!

June 22, 2012 at 6:05 am
(63) Cocoa says:

It’s 4:45 am and I have been in pain all night. I had the fan in my window because it’s hot in the house. I cannot stand cold air or any air blowing on my skin!!! I turned the fan facing upward thinking that it might make a difference; however the temperature dropped slightly over night and my entire body has been aching ALL night. I had to turn the fan off and rub my body down with pain cream. Now I am in bed with the heating pad on; while it’s hot in the bedroom now! I had a difficult time during the winter with the cold air and thought the summer would be much better, until the air started to hurt my skin. I take jackets and throws wherever I go because I cannot deal with air conditioning or air from fans circulating around me. The only thing that makes this type of pain better for me is heat and pain rubs. (Which make me even hotter in the summer) I am currently on a treatment plan with fibromyalgia and fatigue centers and am much better than I have been in the past. I suggest reading the book from Fatigued to Fantastic; if you haven’t done so already. Best wishes and many blessings to all who are suffering!

June 25, 2012 at 7:07 pm
(64) Lori says:

So what can someone do? I don’t enjoy going places anymore because it is physically painful to be inside. I love outside. While everyone is sweating bullets, I am happy and comfortable. It is embarrassing to bring my blanket and sweatshirt everywhere, but without them Im painfully misserable. What else is there to do???

June 30, 2012 at 2:17 am
(65) Ginger says:

I don’t have Fibro, but i have osteo arthritis, and anemia bad. I have IBSC, and GERD, and Hiatal Hernia and 5 Gallstones. I need to get some help but my doctor has been, making me wait as I to see what they can do. Iy has been years but this year, 3/6/12, My Darling, Dad, passed away, and he lived with me for 23 years,i took care of him, and I am in horrid grief over him. I am 85 lbs, and cannot eat without pain, and nausea, and have to go to the bathroom. I am always freezing, and the A. C, Central air, is killing me.My face neck and teeth, and head hurt so bad,right now. My daughter and her husband live with me, now, and they need the air, but it is awful for me. I cannot go to a store or anyplace without shaking and freezing, then comes the pain..my pressure drops so bad, and then cannot warm myself up, or get rid of the pain for hours. What is this is there help for this, my family does not understand this, as I was never like this before, and thinks I need a therapist or operation, i pray for help, i don’t know how long i can go on like this and not eating, and freezing ect! Any suggestions please let me know, God Bless Us All! Ginger

July 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm
(66) Sally says:

After having surgery on my back and then having whiplash my body hates air con blowing on me, I have had lots of problems at work. I now have to wear a body warmer and a scarf, I also stick a throw away heat pack in my scarf each day to warm my neck up, people at work do not understand and I know exactly what everyone means when they say they recieve that look from people, you can see they think you are mad. They just don’t understand, when the pain/burning feeling on my shoulders and down my back start I cannot concentrate, the problem with the heat pad is although it warms up the area that is hurting the rest of me is overheating, reading everyone’s comments has comforted me a little, at least I know that I am not the only one. If only there was more that could be done for everyone, I went to the Canary Islands recently and it was bliss my body absolutely loved the hot weather, it was the best I have felt for a long time. To everyone out there I hope you all find relief. Take care

July 5, 2012 at 11:44 am
(67) lisa says:

I suffer from Fibromyalgia and this ALWAYS happens to me! Also the reverse is true. If my hips are overheated then they ache so bad too
I constantly tell my hubby to turn off the air in the car because it blows right on my hands then they hurt so bad. I am the one outside on a hot day with a sweater on. Please just don’t get it!

July 10, 2012 at 11:51 pm
(68) Karen says:

I’m so glad to find this site. I had Hashimoto’s and had my thyroid removed. Also in a car accident that injured the left side of my head.

I cannot inhale A/C that is below 74 degrees. I get such awful spasms in my esophagus that it feels just like a heart attack. (I was sent to ER because they thought it was my heart). My solar plexus knots up until I can’t get my breath.

I cannot tolerate a/c on the side of my head that was injured. It will ache like the worst toothache I’ve ever had and then go numb clear down around my neck. It will stay numb for days.

You’re right….people think you’re weird and they don’t understand. Thankfully, my job people do and I have an office to myself with the a/c controls. They’ve also blocked off most of the vent above me so that it does not blow on my head. Anywhere else, I leave the place as soon as I feel the first hint of pain. It is just not worth it.

July 30, 2012 at 12:25 pm
(69) D says:

For me, air conditioning is a love/hate thing. My internal thermostat is out of whack and I have hot flashes and night sweats, so I need the a/c on to help me sleep. I’ve always liked a cool room to sleep in; I’d rather throw on an extra blanket than toss and turn all night because I’m too hot. Now, however, I can barely sleep more than an hour before I’m playing the “blanket off, blanket on” game.

On the other hand, I’m at work right now in my new office wearing long pants, crocs, a long sleeved shirt, and a sweatshirt. My space heater is running under my desk because my feet and legs are so cold I can barely walk. I have a heating pad in my drawer that I need to use when I don’t have the hood up on my sweatshirt. My windows are wide open because it’s over 80 degrees outside. And it’s barely tolerable in here because the a/c is blasting arctic air.

I literally feel sick. Every bone and muscle in my body aches from the cold and I can’t concentrate on anything except how cold I am. We’ve begged and pleaded to have the a/c turned down, but to no avail. Maybe it’s time to put in a complaint with the disabilities office.

August 1, 2012 at 11:50 pm
(70) Tracy says:

I so wish my old co-workers could read this. I worked in a medical office doing billing, so my entire day was sitting at a desk, even in the winter they would have the ac on and I would be so cold my entire body would ache. It made me not even want to move. I had a hard time concentrating and would get so tired, my body would be exhausted. I have hypothyroidism, and fibro, so the cold really effects me. I also do get hot flashes after being put into surgical menopause, but honestly when the hotflashes come on I welcome them, they are the only thing that makes my body not tense up so much. Everyday going into work was torture, even wearing a sweater and sitting with a heating pad didn’t change the fact that the air was constantly blowing down on me. When I would complain I would get the smart answer to put some meat on my bones, since I was skinny and younger than most, my complaints were just annoying to them. It helps to hear that Im not crazy. Even at home we have the air set at 72 and once my husband leaves I turn it up to 74, its the only way I can really be comfortable. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories.

August 3, 2012 at 12:18 pm
(71) Cyndi Muranyi says:

I’m glad I’m not alone. my husband thinks I’m nuts. I get severe toe, calf, back, and arm cramps in air conditioning. I can’t walk well till I go outside and and get in the hot sun. He keeps telling I need to have cold air on me. I think he wants to cripple me. My sinuses clog too I can’t take it. I want to live in my car.

August 25, 2012 at 11:02 am
(72) KristySmith says:

Finally, people with the same problem. Regular room temperature makes my arms/legs ache if left uncovered for some time. So I always wear leggings and a long sleeve. When there is a/c, I have to wrap around in a blanket. I have lots of sweaters and blanket at work too.

I am still looking for a solution. But I discovered one thing that helps me. If I wear a tight cotton/stretchy shirt that really really hugs my body, then the air doesn’t get to me and I can survive much better. The interesting thing is that it doesn’t even have to be a warm shirt, but just something that really has a contact with my body and doesn’t let the air in too much inbetween. So I have started to wear one of these shirts under my shirt all the time and it helps a lot. As soon as I take it off for one day, I am starting to feel my back acting up again.

September 2, 2012 at 11:36 am
(73) Pamela says:

I am so glad I found this information. I thought I was the only one. I have just been diagnosis with Fibromyalgia. I just move to Tallahassee from Germany. In Germany Air Condition is not common so I did not have many problems with pain until the winter. However, now that I am in Florida I need to the air condition and I am suffuring a great deal. I started sitting with blankets or sweaters and socks. When the pain is really unbearable I sit with a heating pad covered with a large beach towel.

September 23, 2012 at 12:50 am
(74) gray hill says:

i am 98 and i sroke out win i get to cold. wake up burning up and haveing another sroke.pray for me.

September 26, 2012 at 8:46 pm
(75) Sabrina says:

I have had fibromyalgia for 30 years the weather changes have played havoc with my fybro. If I have a fan or a/c on and the air is blowing on my back I begin to ache mainly in middle of back and shoulders. I always have a heat pack with me as I find it helps with flare ups in these areas. So fed up with fybro!!!!

September 30, 2012 at 10:31 pm
(76) Mel says:

I am trying to get diagnosed properly with Fibromyalgia by the doctor. My rib cage hurts the worse and the doctor thinks I’m full of b.s. The heat outside makes me feel suffocated now, and the blowing cold air from my air conditioner and fans HURTS ME. I don’t get it!!!

October 13, 2012 at 10:00 am
(77) ashleys says:

I take a hot shower for a good ten minutes only hitting my back I wake up with fibro attacks on my back cuz of my AC was on and my back was facing it at a point at night! If u cover urself u get hot when u uncover ur so cold with chills instantly! I have noticed that a hot shower while scrubbing ur back arms with them in the air position of three mins each the. Pain goes away next thing u know u can breath without pain and finally lay down without that big hot knot on ur back! What first started as shingles is now fms

November 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm
(78) hashimoto says:

Sounds like Most of u r suffering with Hashimotos Disease!!!! God bless…get checked!

December 8, 2012 at 10:01 am
(79) karen says:

I have had fibro since i got what i thought was a bout of flu in 1988 since i was 25 just after my son was born.never been right since.i hate it it has ruined my life am always worse in the winter season improve slightly in the summer..change in weather seems to do it for me .central heating makes it worse so i tend not to have it on then end up getting too cold i turn the heating on and end up getting too hot and feels like am burning up like am going to set a light.it affects my head badly too am more unwell during the winter

April 18, 2013 at 11:36 pm
(80) Doyle says:

My brother recommended I might like this website.
He was entirely right. This post truly made my day.
You can not imagine just how much time I
had spent for this information! Thanks!

May 30, 2013 at 4:58 am
(81) Catherine says:

I arrived at this site because I knew there had to be a connection–I have osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome (the latter is much less severe than it was originally) but I ache all over most of the time. My problem is that I’m raising my 15-yr-old granddaughter who gives me lots of grief regarding air conditioning. She wants it on as much as possible, and that cold air blowing on me produces so much pain that I have to wrap up as if it were winter! Either that or go to my bedroom (where the vents are closed) and lie with my heating pad.

Just wondered if I was the only one with this problem! Thanks for any advice.

June 14, 2013 at 11:17 pm
(82) kary says:

I have fibro and air conditioning has plauged me for years. It not only makes the pain worse but also gives me flulike symptoms. Aches all over, congestion, low grade fever, and a mild sore throat. When the a/c goes off my symptoms subside except for the “normal” fibro pain. I can’t bear the heat, but the a/c is torture. I have to bundle up in winter AND summer.

June 26, 2013 at 12:23 pm
(83) kassandra says:

hi i was just wondering if the ac window unit of a home or the ac of a car makes any one else feel tired nauseous and get a headache? i suffer with this everyday and i don’t know what to do any suggestions?

July 5, 2013 at 7:03 pm
(84) Kathy says:

Yes the air conditoning and under blanket. So hot and cold all through nite. Muscle tense up and oseoarthrist kicks in and goes on and on. Fibro crazy disease!!

July 18, 2013 at 9:28 am
(85) Julie says:

I do not have fibromyalgia but I am hypothyroid. And air conditioning drives me crazy, especially when the air blows on me. I am extremely sensitive to cold, even though I take 75 mcg of synthroid every day. But as so many of you have described, I have times when I get too warm and perspire heavily. I am so grateful to read all the posts here; they make me see that I am not crazy and I’m not alone. My doctor told me to dress for my temperature comfort, but sometimes I feel like a freak wearing heavy clothes in the summer. One person earlier in this list of comments said that wearing a long-sleeved close-fitting lightweight shirt under whatever else she wore helped a lot; I have also found that to be true. Thanks, everyone, for your comments.

July 29, 2013 at 11:01 am
(86) Jaime says:

I also have sensitivity too air conditioning, and cold weather. I have severe lower lumbar Spondylosis, severe bilateral Chondromalacia, tendonitis, and CTS. I also have several old injuries, which have become arthritic over the years. Anyhow, when this first started, I used to hate being in the pathway of an apt. or car air conditioning vent. It was so bad that I dreaded the night time, especially during Fall, and Winter. Of course Summer time has always been my favorite season. Anyways, I’m not as sensitive as I used to be, but air conditioning, and cold weather, can still cause me great discomfort.

August 5, 2013 at 8:15 am
(87) E mma says:

I have Fibro. Can not stand airconditioning at all. Thank God I live i iin the country. Do not have air conditioning in our home. I am also very lucky to have a very understanding husband and also he can sleep through anything. Love the heat and even the humidity. When I worked I had to have a small heater under my desk in the office. On my lunch and breaks woulld go and sit in my hot car to warm up. The cold air sucked all the energy out of me. On cloudy day I remember coming home and crying. Had to take hot baths before I could could get some relief. Most of the time fatigue hits me suddenly. When that happens I go out in my garden, do some havy digging or anything fisical until I break into a sweat and the fatigue seem s to desappear. Sweating it out seems to be my best solution. i am a 67 years ol and started having symptoms in my forties. I am very slim and fit and very active. My doctor says that is why I am doing so well. I have a huge vegetable garden and many perennial beds all around our home, have had 4 annual garden tours. My doctor is amazed how well I am doing. I suggest to you all to keep active, eat lots of fruits and vegies and take good organic supplements. I take glucosemine, omega 3 fish oil, grain oil which contains lipyds and sterols, calcium with vitaminD, and digestive enzymes. I had arthritis im my fingers and toes and totally cured it in less than a year after started taking the supplements especially glucosemine and fish oil. Good Luck to all.

August 5, 2013 at 3:35 pm
(88) Abby says:

I am so glad I found these posts. Started to think I was going a bit crazy. I have the aircon on in my office and a little fan heater under my desk to keep my feet and legs warm. I have both on at the same time. This is the only way I can survive in winter!
Its hard enough trying to find litte ways to cope without others thinking we are crazy!
Good luck to everyone!

August 6, 2013 at 9:02 pm
(89) Tammy11 says:

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. until i started reading this page i thought I was crazy and alone. the pain i get from the fan is unbelievable. i actually went into the hot tub and fell asleep. First pain free sleep in a very long time even though it was only 10 minutes. I do have a question on really bad pain days does anyone else find they have to pee so much more and if you don’t go it hurts even more?

August 13, 2013 at 12:35 pm
(90) ed says:

Hi all, I am rather an a/c hater. If it directly blows on me in like half an hour I have head ache which stays with me for a day. For hot, I do not like it like anybody else would do. As a solution I keep my a/c in the other room at 23 degree celcius. Winters are nightmare for me. I wear tons of stuff to not be sick, no matter I have an head ache, fatigue and runny nose all the winter.

I am recently diagnosed to have fibro I just use a anyidepressant as my doc told me that fibro is also related to tension and stress.

I wish you all an healthier and easier life. Btw I am 25 but I feel like 55 (no offense 55es pls)

August 13, 2013 at 8:33 pm
(91) Charles says:

I have fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease, this results in chronic pain, however, I am also sensitive to air conditioning around the head and shoulders and furthermore sensitive to noise..When I go into a shop they blast me with stereo noise and cold air while standing at the cash register and cant move away..This is supposed to make me feel good? but it makes me feel 10 times worse..At home I have the air conditioner in a separate room so I can control the air flow and make sure the hot and cold air is properly mixed before it reaches me.. Nobody seems to understand that when an air conditioner has to adjust the room temperature, it will suddenly start blasting a shaft of 18C air, regardless of what the thermostat is set at, and wont stop until the average room temperature complies with the thermostat setting.. In the meantime anybody standing directly in front of the air conditioning shaft gets temperature shock..I change my shirt about 6 times a day to avoid chill factor from perspiration on my back.

August 24, 2013 at 6:11 pm
(92) Bonnie says:

Thank God I am not the only person this is happening to. My arms and legs just ache when subjected to air conditioning. I live in south Florida so we are in air conditioning year ’round. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have been on Savilla for several weeks but it doesn’t seem to be helping with skin sensitivity. I’m not as bone/joint a hipness, though.

September 1, 2013 at 7:02 pm
(93) connie says:

Thank gosh! I thought I was loosing my mind .. ugh humidity is causing flair so I turn on my air n have to cover up w heavy blanket. Then I wake up cause I’m to hot n then I’m cold again, oh n my fav is the night sweats .. why r they called night sweats? I get them all day long! I can b sitting in front of air n start sweating! I’m heat n cold affected .. this just sucks .. I love the outdoors but here in wis tube weather is so unpredictable! Any hints? Beside moving! Lol not an option

September 4, 2013 at 7:12 pm
(94) Kathy B says:

I have fibro. Cold air blowing directly on me hurts. But, it also hurts to breathe air conditioned cold air. I get a sinus headache which moves into migraine level pain if I have to breathe air conditioned air. Breathing the cold air in my office is torture. However, I have not had the headache when breathing naturally cold air.

October 22, 2013 at 2:10 pm
(95) Jan Jacobs says:

I was diagnosed with fibro in 1998 and much of the time since then I’ve been in such intense pain that on quite a few occasions it has driven me to the brink of suicide. Cold air actually feels like intense HEAT to me. My skin burns like it’s on fire! Of course, cold air affects me all over, not just my skin…but why does my body interpret cold as burning heat? Anyone else have this problem?

October 25, 2013 at 9:05 pm
(96) female celebrity cellulite says:

Thanks for helping out, fantastic info. “Our individual lives cannot, generally, be works of art unless the social order is also.” by Charles Horton Cooley.

October 25, 2013 at 9:16 pm
(97) Guillermo says:

I am a 52-y/o male with fibro and stage-2 widespread myofascial pain (19 years and counting). Cold air chills me to the bone and the chill can last for more than a whole day. I am tall and thin, which worsens it. I get stiff all over, face, limbs, can’t write well. During warm weather I cannot wear sleeves because of the light chill caused by the sweat, so I am in a continuous fight to strike a balance. During the odd trip to cold areas, if I expose my face to the cold (below 32 F), my face will stiffen and go numb to the point of not being able to speak. There is a new form of capsaicin (the hot compound in chillies) that does not burn you but helps generate heat (thermogenic), I am tempted to try it during a cold flare.

October 30, 2013 at 1:19 am
(98) Emily says:

I am 25 years old and I get very painful chills in my hands and arms,also in feet. I have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel and my doctor cant explain to me why I get these painful chills. She always says maybe its iron deficiency but then it comes back normal. My arms get tired easily also while using them. I would really like for anyone to help explain to me what this can be. ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR 1 year now and I still dont know my diagnoses. Do you have any suggestions and any medications u would suggest talking to my doctor about. Thank you so much. I am just tired of feeling helpless because I have this condition but I dont know how to treat it. I feel like if I cant find a treatment seen my body will have perminant nerve damage. Thanks alot, emily.

November 2, 2013 at 7:14 pm
(99) pained says:

I have had cold a/c blowing on my neck and shoulders for several years now at my office and am suffering so much pain, headaches, stress and fatigue. No amount of complaining has worked to make a change. Any suggestions would be great! Including how to’s on legal action/worker’s comp. Hot baths, heat help…too much tho and I get immobilizing exhaustion…thx

December 16, 2013 at 3:37 pm
(100) AussieChelle says:

I, too, have CFS & FMS plus chronic pain (CRPS/RSD) & a few other things thrown in just to make life that little bit more fun (if you don’t get Australian humour “fun” here reads painful, annoying, & all those other words we’re so familiar with).
I find that I can only be comfortable when the temperature is within a select few degrees. I hate cold; like so many have said I can freeze in no time & only external heat sources will warm me up. Even in the middle of a hot Australian summer I have to sleep with socks on & I have to dress in, or carry, layers with me all year to deal with temperature differences inside & out.
But my worst are summer, humidity and weather changes (not ideal when “4 seasons in 1 day” sums up your weather). When it gets too humid I feel like the air is pressing down hard on my arms & legs, and only an air conditioner can help. People look at me like I’m crazy because I have the ac on when it isn’t hot enough for one, then have to huddle under blankets so it doesn’t hit me directly either.
I’m so glad I read this cos I feel like I’m going nuts because it makes no sense. It’s nice to know I’m not alone, and yet horrible to know others are feeling this or something similar too

December 22, 2013 at 10:56 am
(101) Woodlands HVAC repair says:

Hello There. I discovered your blog the use of msn. That is
a very neatly written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more
of your useful information. Thank you for the
post. I’ll certainly comeback.

February 18, 2014 at 4:28 pm
(102) Tim says:

Problems aren’t what you may think, so I’m going to share some insight with the masses…hope your mature enough to listen or to go prove me wrong, either way, we are all suffering…hugz to all who are suffering,

My findings, how I got it, long term effects, I was forced to have an education by EPA, CDC, BIO HAZARD,
Our water plays a huge role, and all thrift type stores have been contaminated by the products of meth…and now we are dealing with the effects of most of the stores in America being compromised by fukashima, the chemicals in our food, insecticides, pesticides, uranium, nitrates, arsenic, etc….

After years of listening to doctors tell me I was a nut, it wasn’t true, I saught holistic remedies, herbs, detox, magnesium body flushing, enemas, anything to help..but..we …as humanity are all at Gods mercy now, EPA, CDC , both told me the worse concentration of chemicals was in thrift stores, they are correct…the heavy metals absorb into anything porous, wood, paper, clothing, washed just contaminates your machine, dried in a dryer spreads it like a plague,
These metals in an ionic state some like cold, so if u have the products of meth via contaminants on you, they get into your air conditioner, your furnace spreads it worse .ppm…like tiny bebe’s of metal, which mixed with other ingredients, can cause the air to become caustic, all things leach into our bodies,
Through our skin….
Then you have , all the side effects you dont even think about, heavy metals get trapped in our fat, our cellulite, these chemicals, destroy our bones, muscles, central nervous system…
All of which are explained away by the current medical institutions..but are all over the internet as real, millions of us suffer, yet no one listens,
National Jewish hospital told me, millions of us are effected by these chemicals but the problem is we all have different side effects, so its hard to treat harder to diagnose,
Hugz

Ive said enough….

March 9, 2014 at 2:26 am
(103) Sridharan says:

Hi, Sorry to find so many of you suffering. What surprises me the medical fraternity has not been of help to find a cure. As a sufferer I find the reliefs are for too short a period.

Its good to see so many sharing their information but it would be better if we could all answer to a whole lot of questions including our living and working environments, food habits, level of physical activities, levels of sufferings viz the times etch., an analysis would help sufferers.

I like Tim’s contribution.

God bless