Researchers compared side effects as well as effects on pain, sleep disturbance, depression, and fatigue.
- Pain: Cymbalta and Lyrica were superior to Savella
- Sleep Disturbance: Cymbalta and Lyrica were superior to placebo; Savella was not superior to placebo
- Depression: Cymbalta was the best against depression; Lyrica was not superior to placebo
- Fatigue: Lyrica and Savella fared better than placebo; Cymbalta was not superior to placebo
- Short-term efficacy: All 3 drugs have evidence of short-term efficacy, meaning up to 6 months
Researchers compared the risk of the most common side effects of these drugs.
- Headache and nausea: Lyrica had the lowest risk
- Diarrhea: Cymbalta had the greatest risk
For more information on these drugs, including side effects and how they work, see:
Learn more or join the conversation!
Photo © Medioimages/Photodisc/Getty Images