1. Health

Adrienne Dellwo

Debunking Myths: Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are 'Laziness'

By January 26, 2010

Of the many myths about fibromyalgia (FMS) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS or ME/CFS), this is probably the most hurtful: the belief that people with these conditions aren't sick at all, but are just lazy.

I can't count how many stories I've heard about this myth destroying marriages, straining even the closest family relationships and friendships, and destroying the self esteem of the people being falsely accused. It's too often said that we "just don't want to work."

That attitude floors me. I know how hard it was for me to leave my TV news career, and I know how hard I've worked to bring in an income from home. Millions of people with FMS and ME/CFS are in the workforce right now, suffering every day to keep their jobs and bring home a paycheck. Those of us who've had to leave their jobs talk about how hard it is to have a good self-image and how they've had to re-define their very worth as a human being.

Our detractors don't believe in our pain and fatigue because they can't see it. I have to ask, can you see the pain and fatigue of someone with cancer? Late-stage AIDS? Yes, those diseases have better diagnostic tests, but the pain and fatigue are just as invisible as ours.

They tend to think if something was really wrong, we'd have better diagnostic tests. They don't realize that we have a mountain of quality scientific research showing dysfunction and abnormalities in multiple systems: central nervous system, autonomic nervous system, immune system and endocrine (hormonal) system. We know that we can have any combination of the following abnormalities:

Also, when it comes to diagnostics, they need to realize that neurological illnesses are especially hard to diagnose. Also, to identify infectious agents in the blood, doctors have to know what to look for. How many viruses and bacteria are undiscovered? How many known ones work in ways we don't fully understand? In addition, many of the tests that do clearly and consistently show abnormalities in studies aren't used in doctors' offices because they're too expensive or the necessary equipment is too scarce.

Lazy? Functioning at all with this mess of things going on takes determination beyond what our critics will ever understand. Anyone who's watched one of us push ourselves on a good day so hard that we crash for two weeks should be able to see the drive that we do have to keep going. It unfortunate that some people are too blind and punish us for their own shortcomings.

Some skeptics seem to cling to their skepticism no matter what, and this myth is not one that's likely to die soon. Hopefully, the growing body of evidence will keep making it harder for them to dismiss us as malingerers and will wake some of them up to how hard we work for every single thing we do.

What has this myth done to your life? Your relationships? Your self-esteem? Have you been able to overcome it with someone close to you? Leave your comments below!

Learn more or join the conversation!

NEWSLETTER | FORUM | BIO | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

Photo © Jason Reed/Getty Images

Comments
January 26, 2010 at 9:33 am
(1) Nancy A. says:

I’ve had CFS and fibromyalgia for about 25 years, so I could write a book if I wanted to, but I’ll have to keep it brief here.

I am finally on Social Security Disability at the age of 56 but I worked for most of my life. I worked and suffered every day. Now I’m home and still suffering every day. I’m in pain 24/7/365. Yes, it’s hard for “normal” people to imagine that, but it’s really what fibromyalgia is like. I also deal with daily fatigue and many other symptoms that go along with the whole syndrome. I live with my 83-year-old mother who’s healthier than I am.

And yes, I’m depressed and have no more social life. Can you blame me? My cat is my best friend. At least she understands that I need to take a nap every day….she likes cat naps too!

P.S. Anyone who still believes that CFS and fibromyalgia are “laziness” or “all in your head” needs to educate themselves on these illnesses. They can go to these websites for more info:

http:/www.fmaware.org

January 29, 2010 at 10:08 am
(2) judy says:

So, I visited a scientist who cured my friend of cancer when Moffitt said she had 4 months to live after they did a masectomy , that was 2.5 years ago. Moffitt which is out of USF now claims their chemo must have worked. She did not mention the scientist. Last Thur. he looked down my throat, took bld pressure. and checked my pancreas. All was fine. He then poked my finger and put the blood under a VERY sofisticated microscope. You don’t have FMS, you have Lymes, Herpes and the Flu. oh and i see cancer. I jumped up, WHAT CANCER!, no for some reason your cells will not allow it in, everyone has cancer.
Blood pressure probly high at that point. He then super enlarged my blood on a computer and showed me little wigling juvinil parasites, they make you sick and eat your body as it is the host. He showed me a creature that looked like a roach and found rings of copper and mercury aroung my cells. He has a reasearch institute out of Largo Fl. He appears as an unuasual person, you wonder is this another quack? Shortly after greeting me I looked around at a lot of bottles of GOD knows what and realized this guys for real. I had the western block test for Lymes, it came back Neg. as I found a tick after camping in Pa.
He said “I am looking at it right now wanna see”? There was the proof. He said no Wheat, Cheese and most of all no sugar for me. He gave me a bottle of anti viral to take for 2 weeks then we will address the other stuff??
Have you never had a cold sore?? no I have not. Well sometimes they do not manifest. He also found Chem Trail
The Gov. is spraying us. Now this waxes conspiritorial untill he gave me some info including his book, What’s Killing You and What To Do About It.
Understand that I have been sick for over 20 years with FMS/CFS. All the symtoms RLS, IBS excrutiating pain, bumps under the skin no sleep . Have traveld all over coast to coast and spent lots of money. I am relentless in my pursuit. Think, why suddenly are all kinds of immune def.
diseases poping up over the last 30 years. It appears there is an umbrella term for what medicine and big Pharm . knows not of which they speak. I am ingesting the anti viral meds 3 times a day and it is hotter than wasabi. It makes you smell like kerosine but I am getting rosey cheeks and my walking has realy increased. The wheat of today is NOT the wheat of Pharoahs time. Don’t know if I am allowed to give his name on this site, please advise as I want everyones HELL to stop. In 25 years this guy who is an MD, PHD, N.D,H refuses to use MD as the conotation makes him sick. I have used all the drugs mds throw at you including big time opiates of which I quit on Jan 2 this year. Excuse my spelling
Hope you see what I think is wrong with most of us.
Looking to help will keep you advised . Scientist said “You are one tuff broad” Well, I have never been called a broad but maybe I am. He said 3 months from now you will be feeling like a new person. He has treated 1600 terminal cancer patients and only lost 3 ,stateing they were so chemo overtreated it was too late.

February 23, 2011 at 11:39 am
(3) kristin says:

Hi Judy, so can you please tell me what happened? I’m about to start treatment with this same dr. for Lyme disease and would really like to know if he is a quack or not. Please let me know something. Thank you

January 29, 2010 at 11:41 am
(4) lloyd says:

If you’re overweight, people immediately assume you are lazy. That’s part of the general stigma attached to big people. A lot of people gain weight with the illness, but I was quite thin to begin with and lost some 20 pounds from the stress of the pain. People did notice that and knew something was wrong.

People at work also can notice that you have discomfort. But unfortunately they have little idea of the extent of the problems; brain fog, for example, is not easily understood, nor are balance problems and the general discomfort that we feel. And of course, there is also the factor that fibromyalgics often don’t look sick, so people have a hard time understanding our misery.

The accusation of laziness is so unfair because we struggle to regain just a remnant of our health and, at times, have to struggle to maintain the will to live. So many fibromyalgics I have known were once very active people; and if only people knew how painful it was for them to have to give up some work and activities.

I am not accused of laziness, but people often wonder if I am hypochondriac. Sometimes people note how readily they move beyond their pain (some stiffness or some joint problems), as if to say, “You too should just deal with it!”

Well, we do deal with it, but it takes a degree of fortitude that is not easily understood.

January 29, 2010 at 3:38 pm
(5) Linda says:

I can totally relate, my former spouse would be upset that I could not do everything, because it was my job to cook and clean, and watch our child, and be the gardener, car pool and work full time. I’m the mom. He would be truly hurt, because I did not have the energy to do stuff he wanted to do. Now that I am back out in the dating world, a prospective relationship bailed, because I let him know up front that I have Fibromyalgia. He never called back. I guess he would ran out the door if I told him I also had Hashmoto’s Thyroiditis.

January 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm
(6) Sue Ingebretson says:

Great article today. Very important topic! So important, that the National Fibromyalgia Association has made “making the invisible visible” a mantra for the coming years. Mid-February, look for the release of a new Public Service Announcement that will show (with really great graphics!) the pain pathways and role that the central nervous system plays in our perceptions of pain.

Great stuff to come! I think http://www.fmaware.org will have release information first, so keep checking to see when it comes out.

Sue

January 29, 2010 at 3:57 pm
(7) DEBORAH says:

I HAVE SUFFERED FOR YEARS WITH FIBRO AND ALL THE TERRORS THAT COME ALONG WITH IT. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PETITE,AND VERYACTIVE GROWING UP INTO MY TEEN YEARS, UNTIL THE PAIN AND THE HEADACHES STARTED,I AM A COMPLETELY DIFFERANT PERSON, I GET UP IN THE MORNING TO SIT IN MY CHAIR,I DO ONLY WHAT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY EACH DAY, I CAN’T GET ORGANIZED BECAUSE ITS TO MUCH WORK,SO I HAVE A CALENDAR OF WHAT I HAVE TO DO EACH DAY, AND BECAUSE I AM RAISING MY DAUGHTERS 3 YOUNG GIRLS,6,5,9. I ALSO HAVE TO TRY TO KEEP UP WITH THE TEACHERS SCHEDULE. MOST OF THE TIME MY SELF ESTEEM IS LITTLE TO NONE, AND FRIENDS AND FAMILY REALLY CANNOT RELATE WITH THE PAIN LEVEL, THEY SAY ‘OH’ OR CAN’T THE DR. GIVE YOU SOMETHING. LAZY NO AND VERY SORRY FOR THOSE WITHOUT EMPHATHY. GOD BLESS, AND KNOW THAT OTHER PEOPLE WITH FIBRO DO UNDERSTAND. DEB

January 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm
(8) amy b. says:

I can relate to all of you. I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, and Multiple Sclerosis. I am 37 years old and have applied for my social security disability. No one will ever know how devastating that was to do. I felt like a failure. My self-esteem is in the pits and I am forced to start looking for a job again due to it can take up to 24 months for a decision from social security. I am scared to death that I will not last, well, my body will not last a second time around. The only thing I can do is try. I am going to have to go to another field of work because I can’t do a nursing job anymore, too stressful and pysical for my conditions. I am involved with the BVR, Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation, to get some new kind of training to accomodate my situation due to my disability. Maybe this might help someone else who is in the same situation I am with having to return to work because of the economy, and having to wait on social security. Hope this might help someone! Wish me luck!!!!

January 29, 2010 at 4:26 pm
(9) Snap Out of It says:

Like Lloyd’s comment, I don’t think that people think I am lazy as much as they think my illness is all in my head.

When I had to stop work as an attorney because of the 2nd EBV infection in four years, two friends (my middle of the night friends or so I thought)–a couple–, came to visit once. Seven months and total disability later, while visiting with another friend in another state, one said over dinner “We don’t go and see her because we don’t want to enable her.” Like, if they stayed away, I’d get up off my ass and get back out into the world.

These were people that I had at least one meal with a week for about 7 to 8 years prior and then “Boom!” dropped. Worse, Mr. Know It All has a master’s in counseling and works at a hospital and has read enough of the debate to take comfort in the doctors who still believe this is not a real illness. Unfortunately, he has spread his knowledge throughout my social circle, providing people with the perfect excuse to let this unfortunate wretch go from their lives.

Bitter? Okay… I’m still working at getting over this betrayal. :D

Trouble is, I know my story has been repeated throughout the CFS/FMS community. I have met lots of chronically ill people and the only person I know who has managed to keep her friends is someone with Sarcoidosis who lives in the town she grew up in and still has life long friends from her primary school years. This means that every person I have met thus far who has CFS/FMS and has been totally disabled for a couple of years or more has been left pretty much socially isolated except for their online friends.

Thank goodness for the Internet!

January 29, 2010 at 5:27 pm
(10) kathy says:

ditto. i am now 58, and i started falling apart at 40. was dx with fibro & cfs in 1994. my spouse of 10 years left me. i also lost my job and the home i was buying and my new vehicle i was buying. yes, we pretty much lose most things in our lives. the ability to socialize, we lose friends who don’t have the time to come see a sick friend who isn’t any fun anymore. we lose our minds, literally, as our brains start to shrink. but we get new things, like depression, constipation, tons of doctors, weird skin diseases that look awful. our hair falls out, can’t exercise so we get fat. ( i’m sorry to keep saying we, i’ll switch to me.) BUT i got the most wonderful thing from all this, for which i’ll be ‘eternally’ grateful. my salvation and a soul satisfying relationship with the most wonderful man.

January 29, 2010 at 5:31 pm
(11) Viclyn says:

my boss harrassed me everytime i missed work, which was only 5 times in 3 months. She finally got every one in the dept to believe i was faking even tho I had a FMLA. Finally i couldint take the cruelty and lack of understanding. I QUIT.

January 29, 2010 at 6:36 pm
(12) DEBORAH says:

I TOO, HAVE LOST SO MANY PEOPLE FROM MY LIFE, ITS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE CRUELEST KINDS OF SIDE AFFECT A PERSON CAN GET AND I AM LOOKING FOR A CHAT OR A BLOG TO GO ON,TROUBLE IS I CAN ONLY GO ON AT NIGHT, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? GOD BLESS,

Guide Response: Try my forum — it’s full of people who understand exactly what you’re going through. Fibromyalgia & ME/CFS Forum ~Adrienne

January 29, 2010 at 8:40 pm
(13) Sheri says:

Judy, where is this scientist? Is he also in the USF area? Just curious…my family lives in Tampa.

I just had someone come over to visit me today, a man much older than I, and he said he sometimes doesn’t feel good either but he just pushes through it…like I am supposed to take the hint and start “pushing” through it. I let it go because it takes to much energy to explain. It is very hard for others to understand and I have been accused of “just giving up” before by my best friend. It is so easy to get so isolated within our prison’s of ME/FM.

January 29, 2010 at 9:15 pm
(14) Vera says:

EVERYONE: Thank you all for posting. I need to connect with more people like myself as the loneliness feels crushing. And must also mention the additional hardship of poverty that goes hand-in-hand with the inability to work and reliance on public funds for medical help. Without my laptop and my pets, I couldn’t live. Thanks again to Adrienne for your newsletter. VERA

January 29, 2010 at 9:19 pm
(15) judy says:

Sheri,
NOOOO he is not affiliated with USF. Dont know what I can say here but here goes. He is in Largo Fl. About a 30 minute drive from Tpa towards Clearwater. You can get some info online by google Donald Monus. Cant remeber if his telephone number is on line. I will list it on this site if that is allowed. GOD bless us all and thank you A for your work. judy

January 29, 2010 at 9:28 pm
(16) Marcella says:

I don’t work because I would soon lose my job for taking frequent sick days. I never know when I am going to feeling too bad to work, sometimes it can be for weeks! I felt so awful when I first had the symptoms of Fibro and CFS. I went from being a type A personality, working hard at my job, active in social organizations and events, a volunteer, a busy mother, and wife to, all of a sudden, a person who was sick all the time and could barely get through the day. I was in pain. My head was foggy, I couldn’t think straight. Doctors could not find anything wrong with me. My co-workers did not understand what I was feeling. Everyone gets sick, so big deal, they would say. GET OVER IT! The problem was it was a big deal. I couldn’t function in any reliable way. It took me several years to finally come to terms with my condition and to not be hurt by people who didn’t know what I go through. The last thing we need is for people to tell us to pull up our boot straps and stop being so lazy. Thankfully I have an understanding husband, some very good friends, who may not understand my condition but who remember the person I was and still like me. I have to give extra thanks to my doctor, who finally came around, and a good regiment of medications. I also pace myself and don’t let people tell me what I can and can’t do. We know our limits. We can lead a good life, our way.

January 30, 2010 at 12:14 am
(17) Lori D. says:

I have had CFS since 1986. It took them two years to diagnose me and then there was no info on it and everyone thought I was a hypochondriac. It is really sad when doctors make assumptions that it is all in your head when they don’t have the information either! I am thankful I do not suffer from Fibromyalgia on a regular basis and I have been able to trudge through work. I recently was laid off and at the age of 52, the brain fog makes it difficult to start something new. I can’t imagine I will make it past the interview when I can’t remember what words I want to say. I do hold on to hope for a cure and more information to go out there for those who don’t know about CFS and Fibromyalgia. Hang in there!!

January 30, 2010 at 9:44 am
(18) Kim says:

Marcella, you could be telling my story! I relate to all–people thinking it’s in our heads, if we stop thinking about that crushing pain, it will go away. No one has ever called me lazy–at least not to my face. And nothing could be further from the truth. I had a job since I was 11. I loved to work and would work at anything. I was in management when I finally realized something was wrong, and decided to do something not so stressful. At a job interview, I forgot common words. I knew I had to pursue what I had. I finally got the FMS/CFS/OA diagnosis, so at least I knew what was wrong with me. But no one was on board with me. I kept wanting to go out and get a job–just any job, but I knew I was so unreliable that I wouldn’t keep that job. You never know when you will be sick, and yes, it may last for weeks. My husband finally became my best supporter (I had told him I almost wish I had cancer, because people recognize that, there is treatment and maybe even a cure!). My kids have realized I am different. What hurts most is the rest of my family who never acknowledges my conditions, even when they know I am in a flare. How these people who have known me forever cannot understand, why they will not educate themselves, is beyond my reasoning. But I decided to forget about all that and live each day to the fullest, doing everything I can do and being satisfied with that. Acceptance was hard, but are any parts of these illnesses easy??? Wonder if anyone will pay attention to the public service announcements.

January 30, 2010 at 9:46 am
(19) Kim says:

One more thing–thank you, Adrienne, for giving us all a place to share. As Marcella said, people may not understand how I feel, but if they just accept it, that is enough. I appreciate the newsletters each week and reading things that I can relate to and hearing from others who can relate to me! Have a joyful day!!! Make it one! :)

January 30, 2010 at 9:52 am
(20) Pilar says:

So often I feel like I’m just totally insane…most people don’t get it. I am so grateful that I found this site because I know that I’m not alone and it’s not all in my mind.

You can’t really make plans because you never know how you’ll feel, and then if you do overdo it…you suffer. The thing that always gets me is the “overdoing” really isn’t all that much.

I wish I could find a scientist (like Judy’s) here in the midwest.

Peace to all…

January 30, 2010 at 11:21 am
(21) Diane says:

I have had fibro/cfs since 1999. It followed a case of Mono. when I was 40. Not been the same since. I was lucky to get on SSD after about 1 year. I call it my invisible prison. Each comment could be my story. It is amazing to me that each of use share such a common story. It hit me in the top of my career in publishing/computers and being a single parent to teenagers. Lost most of my friends and some of my family still will not acknowledge there is anything wrong with me and think I am milking the system. I will say I have never given up hope that someday I will find the magic treatment. I have tried most everything but I had the most success with acupuncture and massage but it is so expensive that I just can’t afford it. Well nice to have a place to vent. But reading everyone’s story is somewhat depressing because it is hard to hear how everyone suffers from something so invisible……

January 30, 2010 at 11:56 am
(22) Christina says:

I’m scared. Iv’e just recently been diagnosed, 4 months ago. I’ve been dealing with “just getting old” for a couple years. I’m not old, I’m 42! Getting diagnosed was a relief, it meant I’m not crazy. Im on medication now that helps most days, some days I cant even get out of bed. That really scares me. I cant even call in sick, what do I tell my boss? I have 3 boys, 21, 18 and 15, they are great, they dont understand, they just know I need more help than I used to. I’m worried about them, I want to stay fun and happy and active in their lives. I am glad I found this site, it means Im not alone. Thank you.

January 30, 2010 at 12:17 pm
(23) Lynn says:

I used to be a high energy person who was always on the go and it is unbelievable to me the number of people who have made the comment to me that I have just gotten lazy. There are some days when I am in so much pain that if that is said to me I just give them my evil look and say, if you lived inside my skin for even 48 hours you would lose your mind. That seems to shut them up really quick. I have had chronic fatigue for about 15 years and fibromyalgia 7 now. I was laid off from my job 9/08 and decided to file for SS disability because in the few first months I was unemployed I was actually cooking for myself for the first time in over 15 years which meant I was eating better for the first time in 15 years. I noticed I wasn’t having as much trouble with my IBS and then started noticing my clothes were getting looser on me and that I had a bit more energy. Not much, but some. I then decided to file for disability so I could take care of myself. When I worked full time all I did was work, eat out and sleep, if I could. Then on weekends I would sleep about 16 hours a day to make up for my exhaustion from the week. I literally was not having a life until I was laid off from my job. It actually was a blessing for me. So now I am this disability nightmare with the government and I am so depressed. I just got my second denial from them last week and now have to go before an appeals judge. I have a lawyer and he told me he had no idea how long it would take from here. That it may take another year. It have been 14 months so far. I got a home equity line of credit to help me thorough this and it is killing me to take money out of that to make the payment. I cannot believe the government is making it this difficult to get money I have worked for 37 years for to get to. I am just trying not to be angry and depressed as it does my body no good. :-) As we all know. I have written my my congressman, senator and govenor too and will go to their local offices if need be to get their help to push this through. I don’t have much money left in my loan to last another year and the payment is so high. I don’t want to lose my house over this either. It is hard not to be upset at the government right now. I have been so patient up to this point but I guess when the lawyer said it could be another year or so I just got more upset. Anyway, back to topic. I have not got as many people in my life as I used to. I don’t have the energy for it anymore. If people don’t understand my illness and don’t have compassion for me then they do not need to be around me. I feel it is their loss and my gain as it gives me more free time to do whatever I need to do, be it rest, visit another friend who does appreciate me or just read a book or work on a hobby or try to help someone else who is ill. Whatever it may be, I just want my life to be peaceful and happy. I wish all who are like us the same. If anyone has any SS disability tips for me, please let me know what I can do. Thanks :-)

January 30, 2010 at 5:29 pm
(24) Maggie says:

I am still in the process of being diagnosed. My doctor says I have Fibromyalgia, but yet, he still says my pains are weird and is looking for a different cause. Reading everything I can about Fibro/CFS, tells me everything I need to know. Each of your pain stories, tiredness, brain fog….etc etc could be my own. I feel like such a failure now. I’m 51 and feel as though I was about 90 most days. I still watch my grandchildren 3 days a week…with a stay over most weeks. The 7 & 5( 1/2 day for 5 yr. old )year old go to school, but the two year old stays with me all day. I take a nap when he takes a nap. Wednesdays & Thursday are my back to back days and on fridays….I can barely get out of the bed to go to the bathroom. I have such great ideas going through my head about what I want to do and what I want to get done………then when I try to implement my plans….my body refuses to comply. I’ve heard whispers from family members about me being lazy lately. Why isn’t that done or this done? What did you do all day? It makes me want to burst out and cry….I probably would if I had the energy. Even though I am on an antidepressent some days I feel like giving up and what’s the point of going on. I think maybe being in contact with others, who know what I am going through, how it really feels…..to feel tooo much and yet have times when you don’t feel at all ….it’s all a big blank and swirl of pain. I think it may help me deal with my days a bit easier.
Thanks for this site and thanks for sharing your stories. I wish for us all a cure or at least….an understanding from others that ….we are still who we always were inside…it’s just our bodies won’t work like we want them to. Bless you all & Kind Regards….Maggie

January 30, 2010 at 8:10 pm
(25) elly says:

I moved several years ago and when I did, I asked my family not to tell people what I have illness wise due to the stigma and treatment from my former hometown. I was laughed at, accused of only wanting workman’s comp. from supervisor, and scoffed at by most doctors I went to – that is if they didn’t turn me away when they heard what I had! Being called lazy is another part of the problem. Because of all this I don’t talk about it anymore except to a few close people. When diagnosed, I had no idea that there was such a stigma or I would have told no one but family from the beginning. It has made life very isolating. Without an explanation of why I have to call and cancel engagements sometimes, I have just not made any. I am thankful for a husband who knows me well enough to realize I wouldn’t fake this and thankful for children who are more observant than most adults. Laziness has never been a problem for me in my life and its another offense in the treatment of me and other people with CFS and FM. Before being ill, I wasn’t happy unless I worked harder than everyone else.

January 30, 2010 at 8:39 pm
(26) Brenda says:

I read all your stories and I cry because it is my story too. Twenty years ago, I was involved in multiple car accidents and eventually was diagnosed with chronic pain and then fibromyalgia plus. The plus means the doctors just don’t understand what is going on. My marriage of 22 years fell apart. My ex used to say “It is time to turn the page”. What an idiot.
In my old life, I too had a job, friends, energy and lots of plans. Now, I am basically a shut in. I have 3 friends. two who never knew me before FM and one who has been my friend since kindergarten. She was here the other day and kept on saying that there must be something I can do. She tells me that a friend of a friend also has FM and she has a job and goes out alot. Obviously, she has a mild form and she is one of the fortunate ones. Did my friend of more than 50 years not notice all the things I have in my one bedroom apt. that I need just to live…an obus form chair, a home tense machine, a shower chair, stretching devices, pain creams, walking canes, a ton of pillows, etc. etc.
She continues by saying there has to be a pain doctor although I tell her that most have left this city and the few who are left are not taking new patients. I know she is trying to help but it hurts when she is implying that I am not doing enough to help myself.
I have family who live 2 1/2 hours away. I have been trying to go all of January. I have packed and unpacked so many times because there has not been one day that I felt up to a bus or train ride. Everyday, I tell my sister that I will be there tomorrow and she answers “Ya, well I”ll see you when I see you”.
I am so sad…I also have a 94 year old father who has alzheimers, living in a home and I want to see him so badly. My sister keeps telling me about all the people who are passing away in the home…does she not think that I feel so guilty and that I miss him. I don’t think that she thinks at all.

This is a wonderful site and I am new here. HOW DO WE EDUCATE THE PUBLIC? WE ARE NOT LAZY, we are all heroes for just trying to get through the day.
I could go on forever but it is time to stop.
I wish you all strength and more good days than bad.

January 31, 2010 at 8:05 am
(27) judy says:

Pilar,
Is there anyway you could do a 1 day stay in Largo Fl?
It’s not on the beach and hotels are probly cheap, it is a working class community. I would sugest an overnite stay as travel can be quite enduring. My visit was $290.00.
No insurance. Monus said when md’s send you for lab work the techs are only looking for what was ordered and do not report the other things as they are not paid to do so. Futher more very few md’s even know what they are looking at. They just want to give you bandaid meds and then eat their extravagant lunch brought into the office and paid for by a sales rep. Certainly there are some who are caring and a small group who might even know what they see under a microscope. Notice no microscopes are in dr’s offices? It is all part of the song and dance of modern medicine. I remember real MD’s who did do all inclusive work but that was many years ago. Heck they use to come to your house with a black bag that actually had more in it then a perscription pad.

January 31, 2010 at 12:17 pm
(28) Heather says:

I think I read this on this site somewhere, I’m sorry I can’t remember who to credit it to:

“I am NOT my illness. I accept that I have an illness that may control my life, but I was many things before I was sick, and I refuse to surrender my identity to my illness.

I am NOT how much I can accomplish in a day. Using all the energy I can muster is the very definition of HARD-WORKING.

I am NOT my job, and my paycheck (or lack thereof) does not define my worth as a human being.

I am NOT how other people define me. I am the only person who knows what my challenges and limitations truly are; therefore, I’m the only person qualified to judge me.”

Guide Response: The original is here: Defining Yourself With Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ~Adrienne

January 31, 2010 at 8:11 pm
(29) judy says:

the book by Dr. Monus, What killing you and what to do about it. There are reviews and an interview with Monus, on line inish phsae one of the anto viral med on Thursday

Dr. Monus ‘s book is online as well as an interview, the book is, What’s killing You and What you can do About it
Dig in,
judy

April 25, 2011 at 10:14 am
(30) Lynn says:

I have been an paient of Dr Monus for two plus years. He cured my RA. Not treated CURED! No more pain, no more drugs just good health. I wake up every morning and can hardly believe how I feel. If you are serious about your health or are at a point of desperation, as I was, dig in, pay attention, and be serious. There is hope, treatment and good health in your future. I use to lie in bed at night and just cry because EVERYTHING hurt. Getting up in the morning was an extreme effort. Life was not good. I went to a Rhumatologist for three years, 13 different drugs that could cause everything from blindness to liver destruction and didn’t feel anything but worse. I continued to go to my Rhumatologist while seeing Dr. Monus, my labs improved, the pain disappears and she said it was a Red Herring. Ha I am thinking of putting her on the Crank list.

January 31, 2010 at 9:48 pm
(31) mtpd says:

Thank you for such a wonderful site. It is so easy to read and understand which is a blessing with bouts of fibro fog. I have recommended this site to the Fibro group I go to. But it is only once a month, so when I get overwhelmed and depressed I am so grateful to have this site to retreat to. I see myself in every single post and I don’t feel so isolated and alone. Thanks again.

February 1, 2010 at 2:40 am
(32) Barbara says:

What drives me crazy is when people say “I must have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome too because I’m always tired”. I politely explain that fatigue is just one of the many symptoms but usually people just don’t get it. You can’t really blame them – it is such a bizarre disease, attacking every part of your body. I first got sick 25 years ago with lyme disease. I went undiagnosed for 4 years (nobody really knew much about it then, especially in Queens, NY). The 4 year delay allowed the disease to get into my brain and nervous system. After going through years of IV antibiotics I developed a very high fever (104.5). They never figured out why but the fever apparently killed off the lyme, or at least the symptoms, for 2 years. After the 2 years similar (close but not the same) symptoms returned – I was told I now had Chonic Fatigue. Later told I also had Fibromyalgia. Later Epstein Barr. A couple times, through the past few years I was told it wasn’t CFIDS but still additional infections, etc, from the lyme. I don’t know what to believe anymore. So I keep going back to my CFIDS doctor and remain practically bedridden. By the way, does anybody know a good doctor in Queens, NY?

February 1, 2010 at 3:46 am
(33) Barbara says:

Or Manhattan, NY?

February 1, 2010 at 11:46 am
(34) Pilar says:

Judy, I wish I could make a trip to Florida…I’m going to check out his book.

Diane, “Invisible Prison” says it all.

Doctors—arrgggh! I actually went to a clinic recently, and was told that “It was all in my mind.”

February 1, 2010 at 8:24 pm
(35) Tara says:

I am writing this for my son who is 22 and been suffering from CFS after a having mono as a junior in high school. “Invisible prison” says it all. This ambitious, hard-working, straight A student,athelete,and talented musician has turned into a man whose dream of becoming an engineer is slowly dying every day. Most of his days consist of spending time on the computer, trying to read if he feels well enough, and maybe watching a movie with 2 of his friends who have forgetten about him. He graduated from high school as an honor student in spite of missing 100 days of school his senior year, yet I still hear people say, “maybe if he would just get a job, he would feel better”. Thanks so much to everyone who has shared, and made me feel that we’re not alone. The only thing that gets me up in the morning to face another day of watching my son in pain is my faith in God, some amazing friends, and seeing my “hero” not give up.

February 1, 2010 at 8:26 pm
(36) Tara says:

Sorry, meant to say “his two friends who have NOT forgotten about him”. I am so thankful that my son has these guys in his life. It makes his day.

February 3, 2010 at 10:22 pm
(37) Amy says:

I was diagnosed in Nov. of 2008. I’ve been pushing myself to work….sometimes 50 hour weeks. When I finally got home, I would be in so much pain and so tired the house did not get taken care of. Between the stress from my job, having a daughter w/ a rare birth defect that requires a med. procedure every three hours and an alcoholic husband, I get pretty overwhelmed. The kids would not help me pick up and I was not there to enforce cleaning up and every time I’d push through to try to catch up on my rare day off, the kids would trash the rooms again. I actually had someone call Children & Youth on me because I had been gathering junk to throw out and had garbage bags on my porch and in the house preparing to get a dumpster. I am finally getting things caught up and the kids are starting to help more, but I am considering applying for disability. I am so embarrased that because I was ill~~instead of offering to help me….someone called CYS on me. I know I can not continue to work as a manager (sometimes 14 hour days) and keep the house cleaned up. I hate that people think I’m just lazy and not that I am sooo exhausted and hurting that I physically can not keep up with everything. Prayers would be appreciated!

February 4, 2010 at 5:11 am
(38) marleen says:

I have been going to drs for 4-5 yrs with no luck….only diagnosis was that I have high inflammation somewhere. 1st I was sent to eye specialist for my headaches………got glassed but didn’t fix headaches. Then to rheumatologist for inflammation………no results. Over this time I saw 5 different drs as I thought they might have differnt ideas, had every test etc possible. In the end I felt that the drs thought that I was putting on. I run a 3,000 acre cattle farm and have always been a workaholic and led a very active life, I always eat very healthy with growing most of my own vegies. My head ached going down my shoulders, my whole body ached and everything I did was a real effort…if I could do it at all. One day I picked up a paint brush to paint the house…….I did about 2 strokes and I was in so much pain in my hand that I could no longer hold the brush. I was sooooo tired and had very disturbed sleep, my short term memory failed me badly as quite often I would be at the fridge or opened cupboard wondering what I wanted…..my sense of direction in familiar surroundings was also confused. During the night I would wake with my arms having pins & needles so bad that I could hardly move them. I always forgot what I was going to say next in a conversation……..I was sooooo sick and tired of being sick and tired that I decided to make an appointment with my local naturopath–6 weeks later came my appointment date, I was very sceptical as I had given up on drs and felt that everyone around me thought that I was just getting very, very lazy. Within 15 mins she told me that I had fibromyalgia, she did a live blood analasis, mineral test and food intolerance test on that 1st day, luckily I am not intollerant to any food. Firstly she gave me a natural detox, I had to take 5ml/3x daily in a glass of water for 1 month……..I ached and pained more than ever but luckily it only lasted for 3 days. She also perscribed me the following and after 3-4 days I felt at least 80-90% better:
1. Fibroplex Plus–this is a magnesium based powder-1tsp morn & night.
2. Tresos B Plus–1 tab/daily
3. CoQ10 100mg–2 tabs morn & night
4. Grapeseed Extract 12000mg –1/daily
5. Glucosamine + MSM–750mg each–2 tabs/morning
6. Fish oil 1000mg–2 tabs 3x/daily

Like I said I now feel 80-90% better and can do most things I used to do, I still get a bit tired but nothing like before, life is worth living again. Forgot to say, she also did a heavy metal test which came back negative which was good. I hope that this helps someone as I know what you are going through…I am in Australia so above supplements may be called different in different countries. Don’t give up hope…..I found life to be wonderful again…….(I’m 48 and female)
Best wishes for good health to you all.
Marleen

February 5, 2010 at 8:28 pm
(39) Connie says:

It took my hubby a while to understand things around the house are not going to be done the way they used to. I have had fibro for ten years now, and at times I still feel guilty that I can’t clean and keep up with things. Fortunately, I have a great doctor who helped me get my disability about four years ago. I feel atleast I am contributing a little to the household budget. But, I have some relatives who think I am milking the system and just don’t want to work. How sad is that? If they could walk in our shoes for just one day, I think they would change their minds! And they think we’re lazy….I don’t think so.

February 10, 2010 at 12:41 pm
(40) Diane says:

Lynn, about disability…..I feel so blessed to have received it the first try. I was told one of the reasons I got it was because mine followed the epstien barr virus/ mono. Also I was very, very detailed about even the smallest thing that I could not longer do…..I am in a relapse or something like that now. I was doing Ok but now it feels like I have Mono all over again. Sore throat and swollen glands that just won’t go away. Anyone else have trouble with sore throats? I was ignoring my body and trying to convince myself that I could do what I wanted and this is the price I pay. I find it so hard to pace myself so I use of whatever precious energy I have right away and burn out. Well I am not rebounding with any energy now and have such pain. I moved to Florida to get some more sunshine and out of the cold of the Midwest which was intolerable to me. I didn’t share what I had to the new friends I have made here but now I have to explain everything all over again. Maybe we should all find a nice island so we can get all the rest and sunshine we need and fresh fruits and veggies, we would all understand each other…..well still nice to dream…….

February 13, 2010 at 9:22 pm
(41) Ann says:

Hi everyoone! I am so sorry to hear that everyone else has had their friends walk away also. It’s amazing to me. I have been crying a lot the last couple of weeks because I feel that I was such a poor judge of character in picking these people thinking that they were “friends”. I guess they were when I could do something for them. I don’t want their stupid sympathy, all I want is their understanding. The get upset because you cancel at the “last” minute. They really don’t think that you would rather go out and have fun if you could? I actually had someone say to me “Well, were not going for 3 hours”, LOL Like my energy was going to magically come back. I guess it muust for some of them. I also have finally decided that I can only have friends that are sick. Besides my hubby, I think they are the only ones that will ever get it. I had Cervical Spine surgery before Christmas, I had mentioned it to 2 “friends” Wow, not 1 phone call! Talk about a wake up call!!! The post op pain was horrific and I really didn’t feel like they tried to help, the bi***ed at me for yelling. Then I found out that someone had removed my fentanyl patch, so not only was I having horrific post op pain but I was also going through withdrawal. Thanks all you “wonderful” nurses that think you know everything. Live in our bodies for a week, and then tell us how it feels. For people to insult us by saying we are living off the system, screw you!!! We paid into that fund when we worked and know that we are sick we have to hassle to get our money. The goverment made a deal with me when they took money out of my paycheck every week. If I got sick, they would help me. We shouldn’t have to fight for it like we do. That is a crime. All of you have to remember it’s more about the way it affects your life than the diagnosis. I had seen more than 20 doctor’s by the time I filed. Not all of them were for Fibro, you see I also have many different illnesses. I actually couldn’t remember all of them when I tried to write them down tonight, there are more than 20. Some of them are worse than others but they all affect each other. I really do think that the Fibro and CFS, and IC really are the worst though. It’s very sad in this day and age that there are doctors that doubt us. It really does make me very angry. I actually had one a****le tell me that I wasn’t motivated when I told him that I couldn’t get out of bed a lot of days! The funny thing is, he never asked why. He assumed I was lazy, I guess. Didn’t even give me the benefit of depression!! LOL Which I do have but the main reason was pain, and fatigue. After that I found out that I have Hypothyroidism. So common in women. Think he could have asked if I had I checked lately, esp. because my mom had it! I have come to a point in my life where I will not pay to be treated badly by a doctor. I guess there are plenty of people out there that will, because there sure are a lot of rude ones. I get $697/mo in disability and out of that, as all of you know, I have to pay for meds and office visits. I wish all of you very much luck and happiness. Remember that you are not alone! Be kind to yourself!!

March 3, 2010 at 10:43 pm
(42) LeaC says:

“Invisible prison”… is right on target. I left teaching 17yr teaching career and began hibernating after being diagnosed
5 yrs ago. Social isolation is awful…. I feel so defensive and
have so little self confidence now. I think dealing with constant pain does something unspeakable to us…. Lazy?
Dear God…. i can’t count how many times that i wished just for one minute.. someone could step inside my skin and feel what i am feeling. I think it’s astounding that Dr.s freely hand
out prescriptions for antidepressants and narcortics….. rarely
advise us to seek support groups or counseling. Thank you,
Adrienne for your articles… and allowing us to vent! You are one of my “angels”… )

July 1, 2010 at 2:35 am
(43) Cheryl says:

My God! I never new so many people were as severe as I am! I taught for thirteen years and snowboarded until my fibro suddenly become much. much more serious. Now I’m on disability. I just spent the longest, loneliness winter of my life watching the snow fall out the window. At night, I would wander around the dark house in misery.
I wonder how others make it. Even with half my salary I had to go to the food closet and once Salvation Army paid my electic bill.
When I hear about isolation, you all break my heart. To my amazement, no one called me all year except my parents. I can’t believe I meant so little to people, but I know they don’t understand, they have their own problems, and now I can’t do sports wih them.
I’m appealling a disability claim right now, and theyp insurance company has truly been evil-they make it so hard -who would choose a life like this? I loved teaching and -having a life. Did you know that they are encouraged to deny claims?
I can help with some ideas: Join The Fibromyalgia Foundation, Also The American Pain Foundation advocates for pain patients. There is currently a crisis going on for pain patients and for people with mental issues. (Be an advocate when you can. )Also inurance and disability. I don’t want to swamp them, but The Patient Advocate Foundation has been incredibly helpful wih legal and other issues -like medication. There is a website called “Patients Like Us” for sharing with others. There are others too. Try to find a support group. I know it’s hard to go. Maybe even a phone buddy with fibro will help.
I read a great book called “The Chronic Pain workbook” by Dr. Lewenowski. It helps identify “triggers” and teaches coping skills.

I’ve been at this awhile. There is tons of research happening as we speak. Watch out for horrible side effects from fibro medications. Find a supportive doctor. The Fibromyalgia Network reports on recent research, support groups and supportive doctors.

And finally, to the person before me who blamed doctors: I can’t believe you said that. Where I live (Claifornia/Nevada you cannot get narcotics unless you are referrred to a pain specialist. And then only to people in need. There is research that has concluded that pain patients are not always quick to become addicted. I have not had problems with my meds.

It is that type of attitude that is contributing to he pain crisis in America and labeling fibro sufferers as “drug-seekers”. Doctors are so busy now. There are god and bad -but please don’t blame the doctors. As it is, they don’t want to get involved with insurance claims or narcotics.
I’ve read other sites where people do not have access to pain meds and it breaks my heart. Once you reach a certain level of pain, no amount of “mind excercises” will help. I agree we have to try everything, but without pain meds, I would not have made it through this year.
My heart goes out to all fo you -hang in there. I wish I could call you or meet you.

February 9, 2011 at 7:37 pm
(44) Elizabeth says:

The medical system does everything in its power to keep people with CFS sick. They do not pay for treatments that help. They pay for drugs and therapy. Because they have no drug cure they have to make the patient’s prognosis hopeless and offer anit depressants. Not all western doctors are like this but most are. They have no real understanding about how the body systems work as those who practice Traditional Chinese Medicine do Then you go on boards on the internet where you read about hopelessness, the drugs aren’t working.CFS patients need to educate themselves about health and nutrition and find our how to live right. Deep emotional work is needed on soul level to overcome all the negative beliefs that people create within themselves by all the ignorance of the doctors and ego centered mentalities in the medical profession who cannot admit they are not Gods. Many MDs make people sicker and dependent in mind and body. I hope that integrative medicine and TCM become a reagular treatment option for people with CFS .These modalities have helped me improve tremendously. My insurance does not cover what I need to get healthier so I do as much as my financies allow.

December 7, 2011 at 11:43 am
(45) Michelle says:

I am dealing with the same issues! My husband of 23 years refuses to believe fibro pain cannot be ignored! I’m told to “suck it up”, or “I gotta work everyday, gee must be nice to be at home”! Yeah, it’s great trying to deal with pain and low energy, struggling to get through each day with the hopes that you can get comfortable enough to sleep a whole night through. Not to mention the wonderful brain fog where you feel like your loosing your mind! It seems no one truly understands unless they have this illness themselves!

January 9, 2012 at 10:33 pm
(46) AL says:

Is Dr Donald Monus still practising? Why is his contact info not available online? Does anyone have his phone # and/or address?

January 30, 2012 at 10:36 pm
(47) VD says:

Strongly suggest anyone considering seeing Mr. Monus, contact the American Naturopathic Ass.He is not a member of this association. You will soon find out that Mr. Monus does not have any degree that I have found so far and his PhD is an honorary one from a private foundation. In the first few pages of his book, Mr. Monus has chosen to leave out the school that he received a degree from in 1998. He did state where he was awarded his “honorary” PhD. The laws in Florida are quite clear about the requirements to prescribe and treat patients and I am not certain that Mr. Monus has met all of these requirements. There are only 5 schools in the USA where one can earn a degree in this field, sit for board exams and obtain licensing.

March 22, 2012 at 9:15 pm
(48) GC says:

I agree with VD. You need to investigate any person who claims to be a Dr. PHD or medical professional before you spend a lot of money not knowing what you are buy, taking or using.
There are a lot of people who are scam artists promising you health and freedom but they really want your money. don’t be fooled. get educated and investigate.

April 18, 2012 at 12:12 pm
(49) LMB says:

I went to the same dr (2) Judy was talking about. I was diagnosed with RA. Could not walk up a flight of stairs or button my cloths. Took 13 different drugs from my Rheumatologist. Nothing helped and I was in more and more pain daily. My doctor in Key Largo cured me. I am now 100% symptom free for 2 years. Zero stiffness AND I take no drugs not even an aspirin. So I say run don’t walk to see this doctor. He can be a little strange at first ok a lot strange but pay attention and he will help you. One last thing. The treatment is not fun. The botanicals are not sugar coated the diet is a pain so unless you are committed to getting well don’t waste your time or his. Good luck!

April 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm
(50) Linda says:

In response to VD comments. I went to a doctor for three years with several degrees and used medication approved by FDA that could cause blindness and or liver destruction among other things. Also, took steroids that made me look like a monster. None of it worked. I went to Dr. Monus in desperation he cured me in 3 months. So do all the research you want the proof is in the cure. I know other people who have been cured of other autoimmune deseases by Dr. Monus. Your words might cause others a life of pain because of the fear you have caused. People with these types of illnesses are desperate. If you want to do some good go visit the people he cured and get more information then you can talk from experience.

July 31, 2012 at 2:01 am
(51) J.M.Yoda AKA TheRetroRob says:

@ Nacny A.

Your story sounds just like mine. I’ve had CFS/FMS since 1988 when I was 13. However I was fortunate enough to get Disability when I was 16. They are currently reviewing it as they do every 10-years or so and the DOCS they sent me to are idiots who who HATE their jobs, RUSH though it and treat you like S#!t. Plus that know precisely DICK about CFS/FMS.
I live with my parents (and pay room and board) and my Dad is 70 and has a whole host of medical problems due to Agent Orange exposer in ‘Nam (Hodgkin’s , Heart Dd,, Lupus, Lung Cancer) yet he’s still able to do more physical activity then I can do! In my heart and mind I still feel 23 yet my body feels like I’m 900 y/o. I’m trying to do Aquatics but it’s slow going and I’m afraid Medicare will stop paying for it since it’s not helping fast enough for them. Plus my Doctor is now cutting my pain meds saying that they’re the cause of my fatigue and FMS-related Narcolepsy getting worse, although I just found out my low-T therapy isn’t working so they’ve doubled the RX for that.

Oh and since I’m sick and poor no woman wants to date me once they find out my situation and when I make friends they all ditch me sooner or later, even CLERGY men and women!

Also ppl worrying about us “loafers” getting tax-payer dollars, my Dad and grandfathers paid for that not only with SS payments but with blood, sweat and tears, both here working full-time and in the military in combat)

So anyone who think we’re just lazy can trade places with me anytime. If your one of those people just imagines the worst flu you ever had minus the congestion and respiratory problems. Instead with all the fatigue, headaches, dizziness, muscle and joint pain and feeling sick. Add to that the feeling that someone beat the tar out of you with a baseball bat all over your body… now imagine feeling that way 24/7, 365 days out of the year and you’ll have an idea how us “loafers” feel like.

August 23, 2012 at 5:51 am
(52) deb says:

I have read some of the comments about a man named Donald Monus, he seems to been recently arrest for not being licensed:

POLICE BEAT: LOCAL CRIME REPORTS
Police & Fire
Police Blotter: Aug. 2-8
The following people were arrested for felonies from Aug. 2-8. The reports are based on records collected from the Largo Police Department and the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
By Melissa Lattman Email the author August 10, 2012
 Email Print   Comment

Aug. 8

Kiara Latrese Butler, 22, of Largo, was arrested on the charge of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. Bond was set at $10,000.

Brendan Michael Donton, 26, of Largo, was arrested on the charge of burglary with battery.

Bernard Edward Labuda, 50, of Largo, was arrested on the charge of battery on a law enforcement officer. Bond was set at $5,000.

Scott Ryan Mills, 22, of Wesley Chapel, was arrested on the charges of driving while license was suspended or revoked with knowledge and possession of cocaine. He was released on Aug. 8.

Donald Monus, 60, of Largo, was arrested on the charge of unlicensed practice of health care profession (three counts). He was released on Aug. 8.

Ada Lee Roberson, 36, of Clearwater was arrested on the charges of driving while license is suspended or revoked and leaving the scene of a crash involving injury. Total bond was set at $10,000.

About this column: Largo Patch Editor Melissa Lattman updates residents on crimes in the city of Largo, Belleair Bluffs, and adjacent communities like Pinellas Park and Seminole.
Related Topics: Neighborhood Crime, Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, Police Log, jail bookings, and largo police department
Email me updates about this story.

August 26, 2012 at 10:35 pm
(53) GC says:

I hope whom ever reads this blog realizes the Dr spoken of here has been arrested for 3 counts of felony.
That is very serious.
So anyone who is sick needs to really take care of them self, eat right, diet and exercise and please do not take a persons advice that is not sound.
Many very sick people have been deceived by this doctor he has taken large sums of money from people who trusted him, now he will most likely spend time in a jail or prison while sick people now become broken hearted along with pain in their bodys.
Deb is correct, thank you Deb for exposing this article hoping others will heed the warning .

September 20, 2012 at 8:00 pm
(54) rhond says:

HOW can anyone dispute the testimony of two sufferers who have posted here? they are FUNCTIONAL. Those of you who are know it alls and disputing that Dr. Monus helped these two women are apparently ready to bash without cause. Have you seen him? treated with him? known ppl who have?

What is your agenda?

September 29, 2012 at 4:51 am
(55) sueg says:

I was really ill for over 4 years. I had to pack myself on ice everyday. My muscles hurt, I was tired all the time, gained weight, had brain fog. After the doctor’s program, I lost 20 lbs, brain fog is gone and my muscle strength is about 50% better. Honestly, big pharma is the issue and want to keep people sick, its a big business. Read Dr Mercola’s enews, he exposes falsified tests etc. The doctor in Largo is Phd and a naturapath not an MD but his stuff works. Did you ever read Hulda Clarks books or Hannah Kroger, same principals regarding disease. I get sick from western medicine and only respond to natural medicine. Clean up your diet, no sugar, dairy or grains try to go organic and look into a do a parasite cleanse and a gal flush. You can read about it Clark’s book. Marie Casis who invented Essiac which also cured cancer was tormented by mainstream medicine. The amount it costs to do a cleanse is very low which is why pharma does not like it. Pharma is a big business. Do yourself a favor and get Clarks book.

December 22, 2012 at 10:51 am
(56) Serpentor says:

Why don’t you try getting down to a HEALTHY weight (we can see your multiple chins in the picture) before giving any advice on “CFS vs lazy.” You’re massively uncredible until then.

January 23, 2013 at 7:58 am
(57) shirley says:

Fibromyalgia and CFS are the preferred illness of the benefit claimant, difficult to prove difficult to diagnose and they will maintain that any ache or pain is symptomatic of their ‘condition’ which is nothing more than bone idleness

October 9, 2013 at 4:06 pm
(58) Jo Robbins says:

Dr. Monus was charged with practicing health care without a license. He is currently on probation. I am personally acquainted with him, and although he is not cookie cutter and is eccentric, he is not a quack. Far from it. I learned about him from the brother of a man who Monus cured of MS. CURED. He was blind, walking with a cane, falling, and had lost almost all of the feeling in his hands. Today, he is an active, fully functional CURED man.

You may not realize it, but the real issue here is the currently accepted medical paradigm, which is fueled and funded by big pharmaceutical companies. Their history and involvement in medical school curricula is well documented. For a short version, read my blog, “Freedom of Choice in Health Care” at http://www.hotrodgranny.wordpress.com For a truly excellent, well-documented history of just what happens to people who find break-through discoveries in the treatment of disease, find and read a copy of Daniel Haley’s “Politics in Healing.” Haley is a former state senator from New York, and while he was in office, he heard several stories about huge legal cases involving people with various cures for disease. He decided to investigate, and what he found appalled him. The book is a compendium of ten stories about men – men who wouldn’t play footsie with the AMA, FDA or big pharma, and who were systematically persecuted and destroyed by some combination of said three associations. The book is meticulously documented with citations from congressional hearings, court records and official proceedings. If you’re really interested in unvarnished truth, I promise it is a good read. It is neither incendiary in tone nor conspiracy-theorist in purpose; it is as fine a piece of journalistic reporting as I’ve ever read. Please read it, and know that MD does not stand for medical deity.

March 6, 2014 at 1:38 am
(59) Patricia L says:

Dr Minus is real…A man of God who work at the Elisabeth Grazer Cancer institute. The charges against him are the American Medical Association flexing their selves at him! What happens if one person can show you the way out of the medical maze…let’s see if one person stops going from one doctor to the next, being given a. Pharm feed of medicine…more and more money being spent, as you get sicker and sicker.. So Dr Monus can stop the ride. Think about if this happens time 50, than by 100, then, the medical industry starts to see the money train leaving…. Oh they Can’t have that…so they get the law involved and change a man that has been treating people for years for the same things and has a PHD which most doctors aren’t even close. I went to this man for answers, he was very humble and honest..and went I went to the oncologist who thought this man was a quack, and after the blood work came back , Dr Monus was right, abought every single thing. Really, he saved my life. I was being poisoned by all the chemical medication, the natural product he gave me gave me health back. This man is the real thing..don’t let the sharks distract you from a man who God blessed with a healing mind. Remember what the Pharisees did to bring down Christ.

April 21, 2014 at 1:00 am
(60) Janessa says:

You gradually gain in game currency that can be used
to purchase upgrades in the battlefield store. Battlefield Heroes is founded on a great idea: Let the customer pay
real money to create an individual avatar. Besides creating the original and over-hated Mirror’s
Edge (look to this page next week for a look back at Mirror’s Edge’s trailers and a review of the hype they created), they
also played once more in the Battlefield universe, such as it is,
with Bad Company.

my web site … Battlefield Heroes Funds Generator (<a href=”http://Www.Sslphoto.eu/p/2″>Janessa</a>)