In case you missed them or wanted to hang on to them, here's an index of the Better Sleep Month Series articles that'll make it easy for you to access all of this information.
Better Sleep Month Series
- The Importance of Sleep: Get a look at why we need sleep and take the poll on what keeps you from sleeping well.
- Barriers to Sleep With Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Have you given up following the same old "sleep better" tips? Find out about barriers to sleep that may be getting in your way.
- Fibromyalgia & Insomnia: Which Came First?: Some doctors say we don't sleep well because we're in pain, while others say we're in pain because we don't sleep well. Who's right? See what other people have to say, and weigh in with your own opinion. Also, learn about treating insomnia.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Narcolepsy? Just as chronic fatigue syndrome is more than just being tired a lot, narcolepsy is more than falling asleep all the time. Find out how much these two conditions have in common, and why you might want your doctor about narcolepsy.
- Reasons to Get a Sleep Study: If you have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome but haven't had a sleep study, find out why I believe you should.
- Common Sleep Disorders With Fibromyalgia: Learn about 4 common sleep disorders that fibromites often have, and when it's time to talk to your doctor about them.
- Sleep Apnea -- Know the Symptoms: Learn about the symptoms of sleep apnea, so you'll be better able to recognize whether it's robbing you of precious sleep.
- Restless Legs Syndrome -- Know the Symptoms: Do you get strange feelings or twitches in your legs? Find out if you could have restless legs syndrome and, if so, what to do about it.
- Odd Sleep Patterns in Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A big problem with our sleep -- no matter how much we get -- is that it's not restorative. We too often wake up exhausted. Find out what we know about why.
- Sunlight, Serotonin & Sleep: Find out why longer days can mean less sleep, and how you might be able to lengthen your night.
- Fibromyalgia & Insomnia -- New Treatment Recommendation: New research suggests combining 2 therapies may be better than relying only on 1.